yudichrist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
chihiros nova.png

Hello....
Happy New year for all reefers....

Could you guys give me reviews and light setting for Chihiros Nova and how high I should set its stand from water surface... ?
I decided to take this lighting for my first tank 70 cm x 50 cm x 40 cm mix reef

Thank you....

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
chihiros nova.png

Hello....
Happy New year for all reefers....

Could you guys give me reviews and light setting for Chihiros Nova and how high I should set its stand from water surface... ?
I decided to take this lighting for my first tank 70 cm x 50 cm x 40 cm mix reef

Thank you....
Start at lower setting and slowly increase weekly

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't have any experience with that particular light, but I do want to welcome you to the reef. Greetings!

hmfaysal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome to reef2reef. I have a couple mounted on a 4 feet tank. The settings are as below:

IMG_8899.png

I have light guards installed on them.

IMG_8712.jpeg

These lights are okay at best. The blues lean towards the purple end. The cool white is yellowish. Although these lights have both UV-A & UV-B, while the Ecotech Radions only have UV-A beads, I honestly don’t know if UV-B is even required. I read somewhere UV-B is essential for plants, and that’s the only reason I got these lights. Also the radions grow corals better.

I finally got the look by eyeballing the radion lit tank and matching the color by fiddling in the Chihiros app. This is to mimic the AB+ template. But tune it to your liking. Par wise can’t say, no clue as I don’t have a meter. I used a basic light meter at the surface of the water to match the light intensity of both tanks. My other tank runs radions in AB+ at 65% intensity.

One word of advice, clean the dust off the light regularly. Atleast once a month. One of my lights blew a TO-252 MOSFET because it ran too hot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Y

yudichrist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome to reef2reef. I have a couple mounted on a 4 feet tank. The settings are as below:

IMG_8899.png

I have light guards installed on them.

IMG_8712.jpeg

These lights are okay at best. The blues lean towards the purple end. The cool white is yellowish. Although these lights have both UV-A & UV-B, while the Ecotech Radions only have UV-A beads, I honestly don’t know if UV-B is even required. I read somewhere UV-B is essential for plants, and that’s the only reason I got these lights. Also the radions grow corals better.

I finally got the look by eyeballing the radion lit tank and matching the color by fiddling in the Chihiros app. This is to mimic the AB+ template. But tune it to your liking. Par wise can’t say, no clue as I don’t have a meter. I used a basic light meter at the surface of the water to match the light intensity of both tanks. My other tank runs radions in AB+ at 65% intensity.

One word of advice, clean the dust off the light regularly. Atleast once a month. One of my lights blew a TO-252 MOSFET because it ran too hot.
Wow....
I really appreciate for your help and the reviews about this lighting. I can't afford to buy Radion because in my country its price is too expensive for my budget. That's why I decided to use this lighting.
I hope it run well in my first tank...

Your advice about to clean up regularly is got my attention...

Thank you....

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back