Christmas Rock Update

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can only imagine that nowadays live rock with Christmas tree Worms is probably like $20 a pound
All depends on where you are in the world i guess...i was actually gonna buy another since they're on sale right now but don't have the space in my nano tank

pshootr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this idea I have is based on opportunity. I would like to say no. First of all I don't have the money second of all I know I can do it cheaper. This is where it gets really dicey. You either have to decide whether money is an object or not. For me it is very clear. So I will be willing to take any shortcut I can which is reasonable.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this idea I have is based on opportunity. I would like to say no. First of all I don't have the money second of all I know I can do it cheaper. This is where it gets really dicey. You either have to decide whether money is an object or not. For me it is very clear. So I will be willing to take any shortcut I can which is reasonable.
What idea?

pshootr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this idea I have is based on opportunity. I would like to say no. First of all I don't have the money second of all I know I can do it cheaper. This is where it gets really dicey. You either have to decide whether money is an object or not. For me it is very clear. So I will be willing to take any shortcut I can which is reasonable. I do believe that people can have successful tanks without extravagant equipment. You can use common sense and water changes to mitigate everything you will come against.

pshootr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My approach is the idea of using sand from the beach possibly a couple of rocks with dry Rock

pshootr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 to 5 months no light just creating biome. After those 4 months the lights go on at least for a reasonable period at which point photosynthesis begins. Pods can be added and clean up crew.

pshootr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully in this process you will alleviate some of the growing pains and be well prepared for success.

pshootr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going back to your question, the idea is using immediately available bio material to ready your tank

pshootr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is where people get confused because when we say immediate they think we're talking about like today

pshootr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An average Aquarius thinks that immediate is like 3 weeks

pshootr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had two swfo tanks, and they did pretty good. I had a tomato clown that lived in a 10 gallon tank for several years with absolute insane chemistry

pshootr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not advocating that but I'm trying to say that that fish was completely healthy during that term

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Immediate means like 6 months after
I'm not sure what you're talking about is immediate or not at this point so I'm going back to talking about the Christmas Tree Worms...

I just got done doing some diving on one of the islands here and they were incredible! Literally ever color you can imagine all over the massive Porites corals! I actually filled up a bottle of water from next to the reef to bring back with me and put in my nano...

pshootr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huge fluctuations in salinity but the fish always survived

pshootr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what you're talking about is immediate or not at this point so I'm going back to talking about the Christmas Tree Worms...

I just got done doing some diving on one of the islands here and they were incredible! Literally ever color you can imagine all over the massive Porites corals! I actually filled up a bottle of water from next to the reef to bring back with me and put in my nano...
Well you are one of the exceptional examples where we can do stuff like that

pshootr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So don't tell me my clownfish died because there was too much salt

pshootr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have witnessed clownfish survive in ridiculous amounts of salt

pshootr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have always climbed up and down in the corners and never died

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 56 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back