CJ's 75 gallon tank

I definitely need to do that. I'm sure it's soaked plenty long enough to kill anything that might be hiding ... now I'm going to have to rid the rock of the bleach! I pulled out a few small rocks today to add to the BC29 setup and I scrubbed and rinsed and soaked in Prime and rinsed and soaked ... etc ... they still smell of bleach! I'm letting them dry in the sink for now and will probably rinse on them some more tomorrow. Think they'll be ok to put in the BC29? I definitely don't want to kill off my tank!
If they still smell like bleach I wouldn't use them yet. If you live in a sunny area, put them in a tank out in the sun. That will break down the bleach fairly quickly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new