Clams and microbubbles

danielsalt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, sorry if I missed it asked earlier, I only looked a couple of pages back in time ;)

I dont know how much of a thing the "microbubbling method" is over the pond, but I use it. Basicly fill the tank with a superfine haze of bubbles during night to help remove unwated organics and other things.
So as the tank is maturing I will be getting a tridacna or 2 and it got me thinking about the bubbles. Has anybody heard seen or read about whether or not it could be harmful on the clam? Im thinking that perhaps they accumulate too much air over time and they cant get rid of it.
I have read a couple of articles by Fatherree but I havent seen bubbles mentioned at all that I can recall..

Bdog4u2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clam is mostly closed during the night unless I dose amino. It has grown from around an inch to 6inches in almost a year.

Fishninja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same question regarding starfish. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the general rule of thumb for micro bubble scrubbing that you should be able to stand 10 feet back and not see the bubbles in the tank.

OP
OP
danielsalt

danielsalt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same question regarding starfish. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the general rule of thumb for micro bubble scrubbing that you should be able to stand 10 feet back and not see the bubbles in the tank.

You are right, one shouldnt really see the bubbles, i was just thinking 1+1+1+....makes up a real bubble inside the clam after long enough.

Also good point about them being mostly closed without light, been a couple of years since my last clam so i dint think of that.
Cheers guys

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back