Cloudy eyes

tidefanjam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a starry blenny in qt, looks to me like his eyes are cloudy, other than that he seems fine, I haven’t noticed any spots on him other than his natural coloration which admittedly would make them hard to see, there is a clown in with him as well that has had white stringy poo and has some spots, and his right fin seems to stay folded all the time, the blenny does eat everyday a small amount but haven’t been able to get the clown to eat the past couple of days. The qt has been at 2 ppm copper since Sunday and I dosed prazipro last night, I’ve done a freshwater dip on both and did t see anything come from it. Should I dose metro with what’s already in the water? Or wait until after the prazipro treatment is done?

E28F2BA5-20D2-4CA3-AB1C-74CF70702D88.jpeg

8011525D-CC9D-4E08-A23A-29F6D1DE216A.jpeg

OP
OP
tidefanjam

tidefanjam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a starry blenny in qt, looks to me like his eyes are cloudy, other than that he seems fine, I haven’t noticed any spots on him other than his natural coloration which admittedly would make them hard to see, there is a clown in with him as well that has had white stringy poo and has some spots, and his right fin seems to stay folded all the time, the blenny does eat everyday a small amount but haven’t been able to get the clown to eat the past couple of days. The qt has been at 2 ppm copper since Sunday and I dosed prazipro last night, I’ve done a freshwater dip on both and did t see anything come from it. Should I dose metro with what’s already in the water? Or wait until after the prazipro treatment is done? I will be dosing with formalin in case it’s brook on the clown but had to order it and won’t get it till Monday

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I've experienced it may be an internal parasite. I have lost my fish in past with cloudy eyes.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
tidefanjam

tidefanjam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i did a dip on him a couple of days ago and nothing come off of him, should i do another? i also have dosed prazipro yesterday

If the white spots are still there after dosing Prazipro, then we can safely assume he has ich, velvet or brook. I'm adding brook to the list of possibilities because clownfish are so susceptible to that disease.

Dosing copper + metronidazole will treat all 3 parasites.

However, you will also need to soak metronidazole in fish food to treat the intestinal worms (white stringy poop). Use Seachem Focus to bind metro to the food: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/metronidazole.298762/#post-3655831

OP
OP
tidefanjam

tidefanjam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the white spots are still there after dosing Prazipro, then we can safely assume he has ich, velvet or brook. I'm adding brook to the list of possibilities because clownfish are so susceptible to that disease.

Dosing copper + metronidazole will treat all 3 parasites.

However, you will also need to soak metronidazole in fish food to treat the intestinal worms (white stringy poop). Use Seachem Focus to bind metro to the food: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/metronidazole.298762/#post-3655831
Will do, copper is already in progress,will get the metro tomorrow

OP
OP
tidefanjam

tidefanjam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We’ll he didn’t make it, yesterday was swimming into the return all day, then found him this morning. The starry blenny seems ok, I’ve had coppersafe in a week now, dosed the metro last night, tho I have to admit I’m largely guessing on the copper test, I just can’t tell between 2 & 4, but the clown hasn’t ate in several days and had white stringy poo to go along with the spots.

DF252B5A-A9F7-4D49-8C88-D29D542C308A.jpeg

AC50A05B-2095-4A49-B0CB-44C9AC3DC7D3.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back