Cloudy water the day AFTER adding Reef Plus

tinctorus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I just recently resetup my RSM 130D about 3 weeks ago, I used established live sand from another tanks as well as established and a few pieces of new live rock when I setup the tank...The tank had 0 cycle because of the already established sand and rock I used

For the first 3 days I was using all Brightwell Aquatics chemicals since I still had a little bit left

These are the chemicals and amounts that I add to the tank 1-2 times weekly

1) 8 drops of Brightwell Aquatics Iodide 2 times a week
2) 1 1/2 caps of Reef Complete 1 time a week
3) 1 1/2 caps of Reef Carbonate 1 time a week
4) 1 1/2 caps of Reef Plus 1 time a week
5) 1 1/2 caps of Reef Calcium 1 time a week
6) 1 1/2 caps if Reef Strontium 1 time a week

Now I THINK it is the reef plus that does this because it is an amino acid/sugar source but I noticed that the next dayh after adding the Reef Plus the tank is cloudy "But ONLY for 1 day" and then the tank is crystal clear

I checked the water parameters and EVERYTHING that I can test for right now is perfect
NH3/NH4 = 0
NO2 = 0
NO3 reads 1 up from 0

I tried one day last week to add all of the above chemicals EXCEPT for the Reef Plus and the tank never got cloudy, Does anyone else have this problem meaning it is normal or is this something I should do more research on?

I always had decent luck with the seachem stuff "It'll have to do for now since I got all of the chemicals for free" However once I start working again I will switch back to ALL Brightwell Aquatics since I have ALWAYS used them and had great success

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why the reef plus would make the tank a bit cloudy the day after adding it but be completely clear the day after that?
I am assuming it is just the amino acids and sugars in that particular chemical, Correct?

I have 5 Zoanthid frags, a green/silver favia and 2 flower anemones and EVERYTHING looks great, I even had about 12 new ZOA polyps form on the zoa frags since I added them to my tank.

I do a 5 gallon water change 1 time a week for now but at the end of january I will start back with with twice weekly water changes, I do one water change with natural sea water that has been run through a a UV sterilizer 3 times as well as being run through an ozonator and then the second water change I use reef crystals salt along with R/O water with a TDS of 0 as well as 0 phosphates/nitrates/nitrites and ammonia

Any help would be apprciated,Anything from telling me that it's normal for a little cloudy water after adding the reef plus, or if its not normal can someone please help me figure out WHY it would do that?

I still ahve ALOT of stuff to buy for the tank including
4) new T5HO bulbs "3 ati and 1 kz purple plus"
1) Reef keeper lite
1) AquaFX 5 stage 100GPD R/O filter
1) refugium 15 gallons to house chaeto and skimmer
1)sc150 or SC65 protein skimmer
Along with ALOT of other items that I'm just not going to list right now

Once again guys ANYONE who can help me figure out or explain to me why Reef Plus makes the water the next day would be REALLY appreciated

Thank you
Mike Grizzard

OP
OP
T

tinctorus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody have an answer or reason for this happening?
I was really thinking it was just a bacterial bloom from the sugar and other elements in the reef plus but I'm not 100% sure

Back