Cloudy water

RedFrog211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2020
Messages
1,079
Reaction score
1,042
Location
Atlanta
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! Wasn’t sure where to post this. I have a 20g nano reef that’s been fallow for 2.5 months- I did a 20% water change along with basic cleaning maybe 2 days ago. This morning I woke up, and my water is murky brown and my macro algae is melted and bleached. Corals are still open, even my BTA looks happy. Any ideas? I have an API test kit, so I’m going to my LFS today to have it tested.
 
Some macro algae will spawn and turn water green or brown. It's usually after some change in the system (like a water change). It's usually harmless to other inhabitants, but I think the algae usually dies.
 
Some macro algae will spawn and turn water green or brown. It's usually after some change in the system (like a water change). It's usually harmless to other inhabitants, but I think the algae usually dies.
Thank you so much!
 
Usually the macro algae will turn colorless or even semi-transparent.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new