Clown trigger that eats sea weed?

Eric Wadle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally added my clown trigger! He's a little guy 1 1/2 - 2 inches. I wanted to get him small in hopes it would help him be get along better with his tank mates. Anyway, this morning I put in some sea weed for there fish in the tank and guess who came up and started digging in? The baby clown trigger!! lol maybe this is normal and I just wasn't aware but I thought it was cool and maybe his fondness of veggies is a sign to a better temperament as he ages? (or maybe just wishful thinking lol? Also would love to hear anyones experience with a clown trigger. I have wanted one since high school and now finally have a tank to accommodate one!!

IMG_6266.JPG

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a small one that ate everything. It also ate almost all the fins on my lion fish. They are best kept as solo pet., but I've seen them with a snowflake eel and a Harlequin tusk.They do make a great pet, like a dog.

OP
OP
Eric Wadle

Eric Wadle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok thanks I know they are aggressive eaters just didnt think they liked veggies lol

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are a great fish.The larger ones love to spit water at you.Watch him,the small ones do it to.It just doesn't fly 2 feet across the room at you.

OP
OP
Eric Wadle

Eric Wadle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe ill keep him in here with a grouper or something and move the other guys to my other 225

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank is he in, when you get them that small they can grow up really cool. They also tend to grow on the slow side and won't get really huge. The bad reputation you hear about is usually when they are started at a larger size and kept in a tank too small, crowded with alot of improper room mates. Mine is about 2.25" now, I got him at about an inch 1.5 years ago. This is my 2nd baby, I also had one that I got at between 3-4"'; he turned out to be really aggressive. Don't crowd him and keep with other aggressive/semi-aggressive fish that hold their own and he'll be a great fish.

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They'll eat anything they can get in their mouths! If it doesn't fit in their mouths, they chew it onto smaller pieces;Yuck

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back