Clownfish parasite???

Jeremy32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got some clownfish. Today 1 has white stingy poop and has white blobs on it. The white on the skin doesn't appear to be ich. I have Prazi Pro but I think it's only for internal parasites. What is on the skin and how should I treat it?
20200403_120554.jpg

OP
OP
J

Jeremy32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it has brook. I don't have a QT setup. Anything I can do to help these little guys without a QT? Obviously I will be setting up one in the future.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look like either Brookynella aka clownfish disease or marine ich.

Ding2daDong

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like ich to me. I'm in the camp that you can never relieve a reef system of ich.

This is likely due to something in your tank causing the fish to stress and be more susceptible to ich. What are your tank parameters? Were the fish eating before you purchased them? Did they have the white patches when you purchased them?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good on you for keeping such a close eye on your little guys. Could be early Brook. Here's a thread that describes and gives treatment options. Brook can kill quickly. Freshwater dips done each day and if the fish is placed into a new sterile tank has been known to completely rid a fish of the parasites. So no chemicals needed. Or the dip(s) can buy you time to decide on what treatments you want to do. Here's threads for both FW dips and Brooklynella. Best of luck with your fish!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 40 35.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back