Clownfish type ID needed.

sam2110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up this pair of clownfish fish, the shop didn't know what they are, does anyone have an idea as to what they could be. Sorry the photos are ne the best.

Thanks.

20211120_175248.jpg 20211120_175247.jpg

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wyoming white or frostbite depends on how much the white covers, not down to just the eyes so not snows. But they are definitely ocellaris names dont really matter as much now as there are so many clownfish out there.

SaltyShel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up this pair of clownfish fish, the shop didn't know what they are, does anyone have an idea as to what they could be. Sorry the photos are ne the best.

Thanks.
It almost looks like a Wyoming White to me. I’ve looked at a lot of difference species online, trying to figure it out for you, but they look like nothing else I’ve seen other than the Wyomings. The only difference is that yours don’t seem to have any orange besides on their faces… but the Wyoming Whites I’m seeing online have orange on their face and on their side/arm fins, as well as a little bit of orange on their gills.
But the lack of black on their front dorsal fin makes it look like that Wyoming I’m seeing.

Here’s the link to a website I found:
https://www.seaandreef.com/marine-ornamental-fish/clownfish/wyoming-white

and a pic from their site for you to reference!!

Attachments

• D013EB77-D8A1-4C25-86BF-A50CE1C7CE6E.jpeg
    D013EB77-D8A1-4C25-86BF-A50CE1C7CE6E.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 24

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks.

Looks to be either a wyoming white or a snow storm, depends how much orange shows on both. And how much the white covers.

SaltyShel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks.

Also, it looks like they are two different types. This is what I noticed - i hope it’ll help you to figure out what they are!!
Top fish: where the white and black meet on its tail fin is not a symmetrical line. The pectoral fin looks to have more black surface area. His face has a large area of orange around his nose and mouth. Both rear fins right before the tail starts have a smooth even area of black.

Bottom fish: the white curves symmetrically around the black spot on its tail fin. There is more white area and a black spot on its pectoral fin. There is all black on its face, no orange anywhere. The rear fins before the tail starts have more of an uneven area of black.

idk if these differences matter or if it’s just the lighting or picture but that’s what I noticed.

OP
OP
sam2110

sam2110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your replies I really appreciate you taking your time. I will try and get some better photos when the light is less blue. The photos really don't show the fish the best.

They have got me a bit confused as the only orange on them is the tiny bit on the face. They look like a cross between the snow storm and the wyoming white!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back