Coast to Coast + FramingTech Custom 80

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few teasers. The tank is amazing. Pat, the owner of the company brought it into my apartment himself.

I couldn't be happier.

The tank quality looks amazing.

Lol, Michael

It looks awesome... ;Woot ;Woot

After all the research ;Bookworm that you did, your build is paying off.

Kudos to "Coast to Coast" too!!

:)

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's all plumbed. Waiting for it to cure.

There should be a Reef2Reef badge for all plumbing done the day the tank arrived, tank leveled, and adding 30 gallons of water :)

Some pics. The plumbing is crude simple. Really hope I don't have any leaks. Used all my unions.

IMG_20180621_173820.jpg
IMG_20180621_173846.jpg
IMG_20180621_173943.jpg
IMG_20180621_174015.jpg
IMG_20180621_173921.jpg
IMG_20180621_174040.jpg
IMG_20180621_174529.jpg
IMG_20180621_174710.jpg
Def deserve some kinda award for such an accomplishment. Nicely done!

OP
OP
HolisticBear

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you happen to score your Orphek yet? BRS sent me an in stock email but they were gone by the time I got there. There’s supposedly a V4 version 2 coming and I’m worried it wont be backward compatible with the version 1. ;Dead

I noticed the same thing with GEN 1 tag. Then I googled for GEN 2 and found a unlisted BRS page for the new GEN 2 gateway all ready to go, but unlisted!!

That made me uncomfortable that BRS was trying to dump old inventory so I didn't buy. I suspect I'll just buy from Orphek direct from manufactor and run the Mitras for a few more weeks.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/gateway-2-for-atlantik-v4-led-fixture-orphek.html

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed the same thing with GEN 1 tag. Then I googled for GEN 2 and found a unlisted BRS page for the new GEN 2 gateway all ready to go, but unlisted!!

That made me uncomfortable that BRS was trying to dump old inventory so I didn't buy. I suspect I'll just buy from Orphek direct from manufactor and run the Mitras for a few more weeks.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/gateway-2-for-atlantik-v4-led-fixture-orphek.html

Yes, I Had seen BRS talk about the Gen 2 in another thread. Their response was a bit confusing on the backward compatibility so I was waiting to see something direct from Orphek. I really hope i don’t have to get another Gateway and there’s no major changes to the next version.

OP
OP
HolisticBear

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No leaks, let it run for a few hours.
  • Didn't think a 25 gallon sump would be undersized, but it's close. The fuge has a higher water level than the skimmer section, which is higher than the return section. It fills the sump to the top on power outage. I need to add check valves, it's too much water.
  • I need some surface clamps or something to eliminate all vibrations to the return bulk head. The Varios is supposed to have a smooth startup, but it's too abrupt for me.
I'm traveling next week for work, so it will have to sit for a bit. In two weekends, I'd add the check-valve.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HolisticBear

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'd think the coral vendor's would bring their best stuff.
That is a sad state of affairs.....

I talked to some vendors and they said sales were good. Their were lots of $15 frags and bundle deals for less, along with the $200 pieces from WWC. So many of the SPS were just nubs. Maybe they didn't bring LPS, because they wanted to fit 800 frags onto a 5' table and LPS take up too much room??

Once again, @uniquecorals was different and brought some colonies and larger pieces. Their booth looked great, but I think the event favors corals the size of your pinky fingernail.

I held off buying from BSA + Battlecorals for the show and I probably shouldn't have. I spend that money at the show, but I probably didn't get better pieces.

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you sir! Unless you wanted a goni or a warpaint scoly, I didn't see any LPS at reef-a-palooza that grabbed my eye.

Appreciate the look out!

I'm not going to make it tomorrow either.[emoji22]. I mainly just love going for the networking and being around others who understand this obsessive disorder...[emoji2]

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once again, @uniquecorals was different and brought some colonies and larger pieces. Their booth looked great, but I think the event favors corals the size of your pinky fingernail.

I do wish thier sister store here would stock the amount and some gems they do out west.

OP
OP
HolisticBear

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do wish thier sister store here would stock the amount and some gems they do out west.

I ordered from Unique and had them ship cross-country to my door in NYC. Without a doubt, it's the best deal I've gotten. You can get a beautiful colony for the cost of WWC frag.

Both their pectina + chalice brought bubble algae as a warning. I don't think anyone comes close to WWC QT.

To be fair, QT is easier on a 1" frag vs a 4" colony.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a nice looking tank and I see its coming along fine. +1 on unique always nice size piece's. When I got back in all i seen was expensive frags and googled "Just Colonies" and Unique popped up, ya I was that green.;Shamefullyembarrased
I also used Live Aquaria alot AND speaking of ....You can blame @najer and his band of Gypsies :p
lg-061118-124a.jpg

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a nice looking Trachy but man is that small...

Back