Coolest fish you've kept or seen

Scopulum Zombie

Unconventional reefing without regret.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4278.jpg
I saved a very young 6-line wrass from a petco about a year ago, he turned out to be one of my most entertaining fish. Not quite as entertaining as my sailfin blenny though. Ooh Rah!

Last edited:

Hammer100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a pearly jawfish recently (first time I've had one in over 20 years in the hobby) and I sure feel like I've been missing out. The personality these little guys have is amazing.

I really like those fish but im afraid my sandbed is not deep enough. How deep is it in your tank?

Summer4infinity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanna see the rest of that tank. How cool!

IMG_1475602607.391038.jpg
IMG_1475602629.593695.jpg

Thanks! I recently tied the smaller tank into my 150 gallon temperate tank. My two Sailfin sculpins unfortunately don't get along, so they are in separate tanks.
They are not easy fish to keep. It took months with each one to train them to eat frozen, and they will still only eat frozen feeder shrimp that I've caught and frozen myself from the local bay. They are by far the most personable fish I've ever had the pleasure of keeping though.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1475602607.391038.jpg
IMG_1475602629.593695.jpg

Thanks! I recently tied the smaller tank into my 150 gallon temperate tank. My two Sailfin sculpins unfortunately don't get along, so they are in separate tanks.
They are not easy fish to keep. It took months with each one to train them to eat frozen, and they will still only eat frozen feeder shrimp that I've caught and frozen myself from the local bay. They are by far the most personable fish I've ever had the pleasure of keeping though.
Stunning!

happyhourhero

Burner of the Tips
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tessellated Blenny. I have put 2 in my display but never saw them again after the first day. Currently have one in my frag tank that is eating well but is only .5" long. Hoping to get my hands on another couple bigger ones in the near future. This is not my pic. It is hard to get pics of the tiny one as it darts out for food and then rushes back under a rock where it perches upside down.
f2afc55c-9627-4c3d-aa99-e9c8b8b59260
bYmRxLo.jpg

hinovak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big does this bad boy get? Reef safe? Tank size requirement
They actually stay fairly small, I believe they max out at about 5 1/2-6 inches. I have mine in my sps tank, they will def. nail a shrimp no problem, and if they are hungry, they will go after crabs. That being said, I have plenty of snails and quite a few hermits, and for the most part, I do not have that big of losses. But, he is a pig, so you will want to feed him allot, otherwise he will start hunting. You will want to add him last to minimize aggression. They are def. alphas in the tank, but there has not been any major aggression, as some others have said about these. My lfs has one in their sps tank as well, and there have been no major aggression issues.

hinovak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He lives pretty peacefully with a bristle tooth tang, yellow tang, mystery wrasse, red corris wrasse, and a couple cromis, and a clownfish

OP
OP
USMC 4 LIFE

USMC 4 LIFE

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a list or picture chart of some sort of a complete list of saltwater fish. It would be nice to get a rare fish like the one previously posted.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back