Copepods - where to buy?

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pod your Reef is good . I have got some from them before.
The go to place for me is Reeds. They have many years experience growing live food for breeders.
https://reedmariculture.com/

Thanks for the recommendation, @lapin!

@LetItReef,
We have been selling copepods and liquid suspension feeds into the hobby for 15 years. We are a family owned, 1 million gallon zooplankton and phytoplankton aquaculture farm in the San Jose, California area and have retail stores that carry our products. Please look here at our store locator to find one near you: https://reefnutrition.com/store-locator/.

Here is some information on our 2 species of copepods: https://reefnutrition.com/product_apex_pods.php and https://reefnutrition.com/product_tigger_pods.php. I've also included some customer-made videos of these 2 products so you can see with your own eyes how they look and how dense our products are.

If you don't have a store near you that carries us, feel free to order direct. Please call in for best shipping options: 877-732-3276.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Best,
Chad

OP
OP
LetItReef

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the recommendation, @lapin!

@LetItReef,
We have been selling copepods and liquid suspension feeds into the hobby for 15 years. We are a family owned, 1 million gallon zooplankton and phytoplankton aquaculture farm in the San Jose, California area and have retail stores that carry our products. Please look here at our store locator to find one near you: https://reefnutrition.com/store-locator/.

Here is some information on our 2 species of copepods: https://reefnutrition.com/product_apex_pods.php and https://reefnutrition.com/product_tigger_pods.php. I've also included some customer-made videos of these 2 products so you can see with your own eyes how they look and how dense our products are.

If you don't have a store near you that carries us, feel free to order direct. Please call in for best shipping options: 877-732-3276.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Best,
Chad

Thanks! I did a quick map and two of the LFS shows that they carry your products. Question is, how long does Copepods will survive if they have that in stock for few days, do you have a shipment day for these LFS so I can swing by the day you deliver to them?

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I did a quick map and two of the LFS shows that they carry your products. Question is, how long does Copepods will survive if they have that in stock for few days, do you have a shipment day for these LFS so I can swing by the day you deliver to them?

Tigger-Pods are good for up to 4 weeks in the fridge. Apex-Pods are good for 2-3 weeks at room temperature. You can always give the stores a call and ask them when their next order comes in, unless they recently placed one. Some of our stores buy from distributors, so it's impossible for us to track their orders. If you want, please give me the names of the stores so I can investigate for you.

Best,
Chad

OP
OP
LetItReef

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tigger-Pods are good for up to 4 weeks in the fridge. Apex-Pods are good for 2-3 weeks at room temperature. You can always give the stores a call and ask them when their next order comes in, unless they recently placed one. Some of our stores buy from distributors, so it's impossible for us to track their orders. If you want, please give me the names of the stores so I can investigate for you.

Best,
Chad

Aquatic Whse and AquaSD.

Thanks Chad!

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Aquatic Warehouse just got an order in! It included 30 Tigger-Pods. Make sure to give them a call first if you are going to wait a few days. They sell out pretty quick. Their shipment should have arrived yesterday. The product will be super fresh. Aqua SD buys from our distributor, so you would need to call them about availability. Let me know if you grab a bottle or 2 of our Tigger-Pods. You can even post a video here!

Best,
Chad

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Reef Nutrition
Do you ship single orders of pods to the Midwest in the winter?

Yes, we ship to retailers and consumers all year round and in all parts of the U.S., including the Midwest. We have no issue shipping in winter, unless there is a storm that grounds planes. We are actually able to extend the shipping duration to 3 days since it's colder out, which equates to better shipping rates. If you have a store in your area that carries us, you will avoid the shipping costs all together.

Best,
Chad

OP
OP
LetItReef

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquatic Warehouse just got an order in! It included 30 Tigger-Pods. Make sure to give them a call first if you are going to wait a few days. They sell out pretty quick. Their shipment should have arrived yesterday. The product will be super fresh. Aqua SD buys from our distributor, so you would need to call them about availability. Let me know if you grab a bottle or 2 of our Tigger-Pods. You can even post a video here!

Best,
Chad

I got a bottle for now since I have to re-scape my tank tomorrow. I see alot Pods that are active!
I will put in a fridge and hoping these Pods are still alive and kickin’ :)

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For Tisbe pods I like Pod Your Reef the best. Tiger pods I like best from Reef Nutrition and amphipods from Royal Reef. I've also got a lot from algae barn but not thrilled with the density of their offers.

OP
OP
LetItReef

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Here’ s the 6 oz btls with lots of activity!

Bottle on 12/3 and today is 12/8. Can I still put this on the fridge and add it on my tank in a couple days- 12/10? @Reef Nutrition

Thanks Chad!

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Bottle on 12/3 and today is 12/8. Can I still put this on the fridge and add it on my tank in a couple days- 12/10? @Reef Nutrition

Thanks Chad!

Unscrew the lid and make sure there isn't a seal over the top of the bottle.
Then pop open the top and store it in the fridge, for a couple days is fine.

OP
OP
LetItReef

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unscrew the lid and make sure there isn't a seal over the top of the bottle.
Then pop open the top and store it in the fridge, for a couple days is fine.

And I can dump all the content to my tank directly, no temperature acclimate needed?
Thanks!

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
And I can dump all the content to my tank directly, no temperature acclimate needed?
Thanks!
When I get new fish added to my quarantine tank, I always order ( or go buy ) a couple bottles of Tigger Pods.
I store them in my fridge with the tops open.
Each morning I feed the new fish Tigger Pods right out of the fridge. I just dump in a 1/4-1/3 bottle depending on how many fish and size of the fish.
I do that until the bottles are empty.

I've only added a entire bottle to a display tank once because the fish in quarantine didn't make it.
Tigger pods seem to be more of a open water swimmer so they get eaten up pretty fast.
I may have acclimated them that one time. Probably just floated the bottle in the tank for 10 minutes or so.

When I add pods with the idea to help re-stock the pod population I usually get tisbe pods or the 3 pod combo from Algaebarn.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back