Copepods

SmoothSmoke

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2014
Messages
277
Reaction score
0
Location
Monterey, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long after cycling my tank can I introduce copepods? Same time as my CUC? I would really want to establish a healthy amount of pods before I introduce any fish that may wipe them out.
 
Copepods feed on plankton and micro algae. Once your tank is cycled and you see some algae growth, I'd add them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new