Copperband Butterfly, Vermited Snails predators?

UCedumacasion

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 4, 2011
Messages
117
Reaction score
21
Location
San Diego
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was reading a post that someone had vermited snails and I got to thinking, I know I've had them and I know that the population doesn't exist anymore. I can't place when they actually disappeared but my thought is that my Copperband took them out, I mean he did decimate my entire worm population (which I knew he would, I was hoping he'd eat them then decided that frozen food was the bomb, he didn't), and he was constantly perusing the rocks for food.


Does any one have a similar experience?

To me it makes sense, they naturally eat worms and aptasias (among other things). So they could be immune to its sting? I don't know, just trying to see if anyone had any thoughts
 
I definitely think that your idea could be valid. I have no experience though on it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new