Copperband killed my giant Feather duster??

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added a cbb for aiptasia issue, i have a giant 6months old feather duster, it didnot come out for the first time today. Is it possible that my cbb killed it? Do they kill giant feather dusters too?? Plz help.

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feather dusters are irresistible to CBBs.

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much any resource would have told you this, Liveaquaria: "They may pick on invertebrates, especially anemones and feather dusters." Saltwater fish: "most likely feeding heavily on tubeworms ... ... feather dusters" even wikipedia: "Given a choice, Aiptasia is the least favored food. The butterflyfish preys on all tube and substrate worms"
CBBS are not often effective aiptasia control, but probably will eat some of the stuff you want in your tank. beautiful fish and worth the planning and effort to work around.

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much any resource would have told you this, Liveaquaria: "They may pick on invertebrates, especially anemones and feather dusters." Saltwater fish: "most likely feeding heavily on tubeworms ... ... feather dusters" even wikipedia: "Given a choice, Aiptasia is the least favored food. The butterflyfish preys on all tube and substrate worms"
CBBS are not often effective aiptasia control, but probably will eat some of the stuff you want in your tank. beautiful fish and worth the planning and effort to work around.
My final bet is peppermint shrimps, only issue is that they ate my mushrooms one aiptasia were gone

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that eating feather dusters and other worms is normal for CBB

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back