Coral care

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam,

I'm trying to up my coral game. Would you be willing to share your target PAR for LED raised corals (if you measure it) and your coral feeding regime?

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam,

I'm trying to up my coral game. Would you be willing to share your target PAR for LED raised corals (if you measure it) and your coral feeding regime?

Second this question. I actually sent Adam a message an hour or so ago for a Lemon Yellow Table I got from him that may be under too much light.

Following along!

Kenny4128

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This question has been asked 100 different ways but at the end of the day its answered all the same; it depends. I have a mixed reef in a 24 x 24 cube. I use a maxspect ethereal set at 80% 18k lighting for 10 hours in a bell ramp setting. My tank is 23" deep and I have both soft (zoa, kenya tree leather, and 2 montiporas) thriving in the bottom 1/3rd of the tank. I also have a torch, duncan, mushroom, frog spawn, and hammer in the middle section with mushroom leather, a birds nest, and a blue acropora thriving on the top. My light is rated from 600 @ 12" and 50 @ 16" and I only have it at 80% and, I have growth w/ beautiful coloring. So buy a well rated light you can afford and adjust it to the right level for your tank. You will kill a coral with high light faster than w/ low light. Pay close attention to coloring, growth, and extension and adjust your light to the needs of your corals.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Adam,

Hi there,

All my shallow tanks average about 300-400 par at the actual coral for sure. I'd say 80% of my coral is in that range for sure ;. I don't feed anything other than fish food actually .

OP
OP
Brew12

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

All my shallow tanks average about 300-400 par at the actual coral for sure. I'd say 80% of my coral is in that range for sure ;. I don't feed anything other than fish food actually .
Great to know, thanks!

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Great to know, thanks!

Anytime. And for what its worth. Other than somewhat subtle differences, mostly due to the coverage of fluorescents vs "point" source like leds and halides, I haven't experienced what iI' call significant differences in the same corals, in the same system, under different lighting but at around the same par. that was a mouthful lol

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back