Cord Management Challenge

  • Thread starter Thread starter Snookin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Snookin

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2011
Messages
795
Reaction score
800
Location
Tampa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so I am extremely terrible at cord management. I have a 16g NUVO with a cluster**** of cords. I am pretty sure I rock the nano with the worst cord management.

How do you make sure this does not happen to you?
Cord.jpg
 
There are 8+ zip ties in that picture. That's the scary thing.
 
Oh crap! Maybe build a mounting place and hang the apex stuff on it, have the cords come up underneath, and drill holes for the cords to come through.
 
I need to work on this in my dual nano setup too. I think it would be awese of someone could share some before and afters!
 
I bought a wall cabinet from amazon. Like a medicine cabinet. It sits on the floor right by my stand. Drilled holes in the side that faces wall.
Have my 2 radion ballasts sitting on the bottom. One self above them with DJ strip on that. Them apex and such velcroed with heavy duty Velcro above that. Then all cords are behind tank and running in and out of stand and electrical box.
image.jpg
image.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new