Cotton Candy algae eaters?

afboundguy

acanaholic
View Badges
Joined
Jun 12, 2009
Messages
1,337
Reaction score
835
Location
MA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could have sworn I read that there was some kind of snail that would munch down on cotton candy algae... Anyone know of any natural predators? TIA...
 
I had some red puffy algea a few years ago, a couple of turbo snails made quick work of them. they also ate some red turf type algea I had at the time as well. Ofcourse, they also knocked over all my frags
 
+1 on turbos but MC is right, you don't want loose frags lying around.
 
All my frags are glued and epoxied to the rocks so I'm not too worried about that... And all the good ones are on the sandbed :p Thanks guys I'll have to make some calls to LFSs looking for some snails...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new