Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20200416_184328078.jpg
IMG_20200416_184308204.jpg
IMG_20200416_184255558.jpg
IMG_20200416_184238230.jpg
IMG_20200416_184223582.jpg
IMG_20200416_184209024.jpg

I figured I'm due for an update for who evers still following the thread so far so good coming up on a year that the tanks been set up. I've been having some dino issues tryin to take care of that now but atleast the hair algae phase is out. Still thinkin about what I want to do for the stand . I guess we'll see now that I have some time on my hands. Been hitting the live sales pretty hard as your can see with 1 full frag rack and some newly puttied pieces. Picked up a few nice pieces.

emilio365

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just went through the 21 pages of this build !! This tank is a Beast looks awesome ! Can’t even imagine how it’s gonna look once it’s packed with coral growth.

OP
OP
Johnson

Johnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just went through the 21 pages of this build !! This tank is a Beast looks awesome ! Can’t even imagine how it’s gonna look once it’s packed with coral growth.
Thanks I'm working on it lol got another 26 frags to place soon one they get acclimated.

Skydvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the stand, have you thought about building it in two sections as solid panels that just slide into place? One for the higher section, one for the deeper section?

No doors, no hinges, no magnets or anything like that. Just the front and side panel so you can easily move it to the side when you need to access the sump. At the most, maybe build a small tip out drawer on one to keep some quick access items or dry food if you don't keep that in the fridge.

OP
OP
Johnson

Johnson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the stand, have you thought about building it in two sections as solid panels that just slide into place? One for the higher section, one for the deeper section?

No doors, no hinges, no magnets or anything like that. Just the front and side panel so you can easily move it to the side when you need to access the sump. At the most, maybe build a small tip out drawer on one to keep some quick access items or dry food if you don't keep that in the fridge.
Yes I was definitely thinking two different sections for easy removal. But I was thinking magnets so it would stay in place and hold but it'll probably be big enough where it shouldn't move that much. I was starting to think about doing it in a pvc material like an azek just for the durability factor with the salt water. My big fish likes to splash alot when he gets excited to eat or when he gets spooked. And I usually have some salt streaks running down the face of the tank. So I was thinking the wood would eventually discolor and rot.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back