Cyano or Dynos

branbray07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so once again my tank is on crash mode, im to the point of throwing the towel. Now i have what seems to be cyano or dynos. Can anyone id please. Yes i know i have dead frags, tank is taking a nose dive
Bad…
https://youtube.com/shorts/Jx3E1JqSpO8?feature=share
9A552FC1-54DF-4887-81C7-7F9BEDE4197E.jpeg 193C26DB-691D-4B45-BFEE-808BBE90DC74.jpeg

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Impossible to tell for certain without a microscope. You can often find a local refer in your area with one, or your local lfs.

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clearer pics under white light would as I do t know what I’m looking at

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like dinos, but it’s hard to confirm without a microscope. If it is dinos, you’ll want to determine which type in order to know how to best combat them and you need a microscope for that.

jbholasingh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like dinos. But a microscope would confirm that.
What's you nutrients? if its 0-0 dinos would make sense.

Also my deepest condolences

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly the absolute easiest way to know for sure without a microscope is to just go ahead and treat with chemiclean.

If it doesn't go away then it's probably dinos.

OP
OP
branbray07

branbray07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly the absolute easiest way to know for sure without a microscope is to just go ahead and treat with chemiclean.

If it doesn't go away then it's probably dinos.
Checked Arround and nothing .Here is a new video. PLease healp

jbholasingh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go to any sizable veterinary clinic they should have a microscope. You can explain the situation and ask them to take a look at an algae scraping and take some pictures. You may have to pay for the consultation tho. A small price to pay IMO.

Scrape a sample and put it in a small vile with some saltwater. Shake it to disperse it well so we can see the individual cells and not obscure clumps.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
having experience with this and helping many, its dino.
Prepare by starting with a water change and blow this stuff loose with a turkey baster and siphon up loose particles.
Turn lights off (at least white and run blue at 10-15% IF you have light dependant corals) for 5 days and at night dose 1ml of 3% hydrogen peroxide per 10 gallons for all 5 nights. If you dont have light dependent coral- turn all lights off.
During the day dose 1ml of liquid bacteria (such as bacter 7 or XLM) per 10 gallons.
Clean filters daily and DO NOT FEED CORAL FOODS OR ADD NOPOX as it is food for dinos.
Day 5,, you can start with blue lights - ramping up and work your white lights up slowly

Bitcoin Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
having experience with this and helping many, its dino.
Prepare by starting with a water change and blow this stuff loose with a turkey baster and siphon up loose particles.
Turn lights off (at least white and run blue at 10-15% IF you have light dependant corals) for 5 days and at night dose 1ml of 3% hydrogen peroxide per 10 gallons for all 5 nights. If you dont have light dependent coral- turn all lights off.
During the day dose 1ml of liquid bacteria (such as bacter 7 or XLM) per 10 gallons.
Clean filters daily and DO NOT FEED CORAL FOODS OR ADD NOPOX as it is food for dinos.
Day 5,, you can start with blue lights - ramping up and work your white lights up slowly
Searching for help with dinos. I've seen you post this couple of times. How often does this work brotha? I'm trying this carbon dosing method from this thread. Any thoughts on it? https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/dinoflagelates-a-disruptive-treatment.926454/page-10#post-10843315 I can't remember if you commented in it. It's 9 pages so I don't want to read through again haha. What about trying both methods at once? And/or UV lol. Will post photo below of the dinos I'm dealing with.

OP
OP
branbray07

branbray07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Searching for help with dinos. I've seen you post this couple of times. How often does this work brotha? I'm trying this carbon dosing method from this thread. Any thoughts on it? https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/dinoflagelates-a-disruptive-treatment.926454/page-10#post-10843315 I can't remember if you commented in it. It's 9 pages so I don't want to read through again haha. What about trying both methods at once? And/or UV lol. Will post photo below of the dinos I'm dealing with.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have well one hundred persons who got through their battle successfully

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back