Damsela

MonsterReef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2016
Messages
590
Reaction score
235
Location
Columbia Missouri
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I acquired for black damsels with two white dots are they aggressive and are they reef safe
 
FYI they will reside in anemones. I kept mine with Haddoni Anemones.

A little story of how aggressive they are. I was diving at 80 ft in the S. Pacific, my buoyancy device straps started to fail causing my tank to float above my head. The group of divers got a head of me and there was strong current. My only choice was to grab a rock and try to tie my straps back together with one hand. The rock I grabbed was also home to a Domino Damsel, that Damsel did not care I was in serious trouble, he/she bit my hand until I had numerous bloody wounds on my hand. No way was that fish going to cut me some slack.....:mad:
 
FYI they will reside in anemones. I kept mine with Haddoni Anemones.

A little story of how aggressive they are. I was diving at 80 ft in the S. Pacific, my buoyancy device straps started to fail causing my tank to float above my head. The group of divers got a head of me and there was strong current. My only choice was to grab a rock and try to tie my straps back together with one hand. The rock I grabbed was also home to a Domino Damsel, that Damsel did not care I was in serious trouble, he/she bit my hand until I had numerous bloody wounds on my hand. No way was that fish going to cut me some slack.....:mad:

Wow :eek:, that rock was like an underwater hornet's nest. I've been run off a reef by a school of aggressive Sergeant Major Damsels but no blood drawn.
 
Wow :eek:, that rock was like an underwater hornet's nest. I've been run off a reef by a school of aggressive Sergeant Major Damsels but no blood drawn.

Lol, yup I was in dire straits, nothing like blood in the water to attract sharks.



Domino get large as well and they lose the black and white contrast and turn kind of an ugly grey coloration as mature adults.
 
FYI they will reside in anemones. I kept mine with Haddoni Anemones.

A little story of how aggressive they are. I was diving at 80 ft in the S. Pacific, my buoyancy device straps started to fail causing my tank to float above my head. The group of divers got a head of me and there was strong current. My only choice was to grab a rock and try to tie my straps back together with one hand. The rock I grabbed was also home to a Domino Damsel, that Damsel did not care I was in serious trouble, he/she bit my hand until I had numerous bloody wounds on my hand. No way was that fish going to cut me some slack.....:mad:
Wow that's serious stuff right there
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new