Dendronephthya & Scleronephthya aquaculture

Slingshot357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possibly some activated carbon

It's in there. Plopped a nice size bag of it in there a few days ago.

I also added some sort of floss material that claims it removes metals and changes color to let you know what it's removing. Sounds like a load of bull to me but it was cheap so I thought I'd give it a shot. I think it's called Poly-Filter or something like that.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's in there. Plopped a nice size bag of it in there a few days ago.

I also added some sort of floss material that claims it removes metals and changes color to let you know what it's removing. Sounds like a load of bull to me but it was cheap so I thought I'd give it a shot. I think it's called Poly-Filter or something like that.
Keep us posted, I once recieved some soft corals (photo-synthetic ) 3 of them. As soon as they went in, Mostly everything in tank closed up. Had to remove, few hours later all normal. Always document if possible, what goes in and out of tank. I have small journal arms reach.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new carnation opened up, white like Virgin snow, the stalk. I know it's Vietnam, because when I recieved the 12 scleronephthya from Vietnam(3 months ago) , on the base rock it had brown tunicates. Same ones as on new carnation coral.
My child not ready for prime time, soon.....

Here's sample from net

Screenshot_2020-01-10-11-16-01-1.png

Slingshot357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, from yesterday's visit to wholesaler. Never had these, in person pink stands out.

Looking good.

I spent the whole day waiting on a fish trap. Still trying to catch a 3 spotted damsel bully. There are 2 of them in the tank and I caught one that's now in a quarantine tank. No such luck with the other or the Coral Beauty that I think is nipping at my soft frags.

Also, it looks like Portia is trying to stand up. I'll see how she looks tomorrow.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Increase feeding, brought online dosing pump to feed night time from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. every 2 hours amount is 4 milliliter, Reef Roids with chlorella, using magnetic stirrer. I feed day time every 4 hours same amount, in addition to the regular feeding I've been doing.

20191226_210953.jpg

Slingshot357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally caught the fish I've been trying to trap. Tank is back to normal now, meaning no huge fish trap blocking flow.

Also bought a dremmel with some diamond cutters to cut off frag plug and finally got around to mounting a few of the frags I got last month. I left them on the discs and just cut off the stems so they are flat and used marine 2 part putty.

I've never had any luck with super glue in the tank. Outside the tank it works great.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally caught the fish I've been trying to trap. Tank is back to normal now, meaning no huge fish trap blocking flow.

Also bought a dremmel with some diamond cutters to cut off frag plug and finally got around to mounting a few of the frags I got last month. I left them on the discs and just cut off the stems so they are flat and used marine 2 part putty.

I've never had any luck with super glue in the tank. Outside the tank it works great.
Always something

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Make sure your water is well oxygenated. 2 part putty can suck your O2 out.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back