OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like your method better. Place in a box of rocks and wait. seems much easier and more natural.
Ocean because of food chain, and pristine water, now if it's plumbed to a tank by ocean easier. I think they plumb it to tanks, with ocean water thru it. Easiest way.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That Beast is 2 months old in my tank. Still Kicking

20191124_101413.jpg

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should
If anyone is curious I dosed Vibrant and Live Rock Enhance at the same time last night. It should be fine but I'll let you know how it turns out. Vibrant is a bacteria that helps with micro algae and Live Rock Enhance is an enzyme that eats detritus.
Should be interesting.

Slingshot357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should
Should be interesting.

Did another dose of Live Rock Enhance tonight. Didn't seem to bother anyone in the tank. Phosphate and Alk both stable.

Ordered more reagents from hanna today. I have to admit, with hanna checkers I test on average every other day at least phosphates and Alk. Refills are only $9. Tests are very easy. Well worth the investment.

The LFS I purchased those corals from back when I was in California finally said he would be shipping the corals and anemone tomorrow, well today now I guess. We'll see what happens. I fear this is the first time he has ever shipped anything.

My World Wide Corals Mystery Box is shipping on Friday for Saturday delivery. Hope they send me some good stuff.

Dendra and Portia are still doing good. They seem to be on a night time schedule lately. Hope to get some decent pictures soon. Surprised Portia is still hanging in there, she didn't look so good at first. She has more a branching pancake form than a tree.

And for some unknown reason one of my emerald crabs decided that under Portia is a perfect place to call home. She sags down a bit and he just spends the day hanging out right under her. I spot fed her today and saw a claw reaching around her to grab some of the food.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went and took a quick pic of the emerald crab under Portia.

09106BFA-1CA7-4203-BE4D-465DB5BA5944.jpeg
OMG,.....HAHA. you know of the crab I discovered inside a dendronephthya, right? It's still alive, scared the heck out of me , when it came out. I was holding the coral, fragging it, then notice hollow center. Then crab comes out. Didn't know what to do at first.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 44 72.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.3%
Back