OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yours is a pretty neat setup on how you rotate them. that is a great idea on mounting it to a magnet and just rotating that a few times throughout the day. I can employ that relatively easily. Just have to buy the magnets. I have it mounted upside down but I can easily take that rock that it is mounted on and glue a magnet to it.
B9DEBE2D-CFA8-4654-A9BF-F1BBD9CCF549.jpeg

This is how the scleronephthea have been faring. I first pic is the oldest and the last one is the most recent.

CA83CB3C-06C3-40EB-B0BE-A6A42A1B8BF8.jpeg
26A78DF4-0481-47F3-9800-C2933CFF69AE.jpeg
DA7A6862-BF51-4791-9F17-C8B7A944C5E6.jpeg
Don't forget, Hobby Lobby sell gel super glue as Extreme Power, thick. 1 oz at $4.99. That's what I use, same as coral glue

Slingshot357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't forget, Hobby Lobby sell gel super glue as Extreme Power, thick. 1 oz at $4.99. That's what I use, same as coral glue

I got this from amazon. Heard it was really good. I've been mounting with a dab of super glue then a ball of coral gum then a little more super glue. I think I got that procedure from BRS video.

61faM2t3rdL._SL1000_.jpg

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to mention, little birdie told me soft corals coming from Indo, next couple weeks and I told them , I'm like the Apostle Thomas , I need to see to believe.

Screenshot from a video I was sent a year ago. Soft Coral is from Tonga. I've never seen those here in the US

IMG_20200131_154930_683-1.jpg

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this from amazon. Heard it was really good. I've been mounting with a dab of super glue then a ball of coral gum then a little more super glue. I think I got that procedure from BRS video.

61faM2t3rdL._SL1000_.jpg
How much did it cost, pretty sure you have Prime shipping shouldn't be an issue

Slingshot357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much did it cost, pretty sure you have Prime shipping shouldn't be an issue

It's a little expensive, $11 with prime shipping but I don't use that much so the cost wasn't that bad. I just wanted something I know will work. I tried the one from Two Little Fishies and that just made a mess and cured the second it hit the water. I really suck at mounting frags. I think I got more glue on myself then on the frag plug.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a little expensive, $11 with prime shipping but I don't use that much so the cost wasn't that bad. I just wanted something I know will work. I tried the one from Two Little Fishies and that just made a mess and cured the second it hit the water. I really suck at mounting frags. I think I got more glue on myself then on the frag plug.
Not bad, price. Nice thing about that glue is you don't need to go specifically to the store and pick up , comes to your home and I don't know about you but my time is very expensive. Time is a luxury with me.

Slingshot357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I'm still having problems with my tank and no idea what it is. Everything I can test for looks fine, I sent in an ICP test to icp-analysis.com.

I talked it over with my wife and I think I'm going to go full blown Triton method. It will be expensive at first but it will be worth it and whatever I buy that it tells me I need to dose should get me enough to last while.

Dendra looks fine, it's everything else that doesn't look so good. Utter Chaos looks like it's dying, clove polyp is dead, mushrooms aren't opening up all the way, Xenia is almost dead, tiny bubble tip anemone died, Sabae anemone died and tuxedo urchin died (the third attempt at having one of those). This all happened over time though, some long before I got Dendra.

Even my maxima clam looks like it's going for a walk. It's off the clam cradle rock I bought for it and it more on the sand bed now.

So whatever is wrong it beyond my testing abilities. So let see what Triton can do.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I'm still having problems with my tank and no idea what it is. Everything I can test for looks fine, I sent in an ICP test to icp-analysis.com.

I talked it over with my wife and I think I'm going to go full blown Triton method. It will be expensive at first but it will be worth it and whatever I buy that it tells me I need to dose should get me enough to last while.

Dendra looks fine, it's everything else that doesn't look so good. Utter Chaos looks like it's dying, clove polyp is dead, mushrooms aren't opening up all the way, Xenia is almost dead, tiny bubble tip anemone died, Sabae anemone died and tuxedo urchin died (the third attempt at having one of those). This all happened over time though, some long before I got Dendra.

Even my maxima clam looks like it's going for a walk. It's off the clam cradle rock I bought for it and it more on the sand bed now.

So whatever is wrong it beyond my testing abilities. So let see what Triton can do.
sorry to hear that, we all been there. The Carnation Coral is similar to a canary in the mine and so they're very sensitive and yet it doesn't phase it, what's in the water. Kind of tells you how Hardy they really are. keep us posted, we're really curious

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not small! ;)

1580593921385.png
that is big, I haven't seen one of those that big, in a long time. if you ever look at the rock it comes on and you see individual reddish suncup polyp corals, not in clusters, that's one indication that it's from Tonga. Now if you see any tunicates very small ones kind of brown looking that's Vietnam. those are things I've noticed on the rocks from different Islands.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is big, I haven't seen one of those that big, in a long time. if you ever look at the rock it comes on and you see individual reddish suncup polyp corals, not in clusters, that's one indication that it's from Tonga. Now if you see any tunicates very small ones kind of brown looking that's Vietnam. those are things I've noticed on the rocks from different Islands.

This is from the first Indo shipment to the UK post ban, I think it arrived in the country Thursday evening, that pic is it at my lfs, if my car is still clamped tomorrow (it should not be) a friend will deliver it tomorrow late afternoon! ;)

Samina

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

61faM2t3rdL._SL1000_.jpg
That’s the glue I normally use. I get it from amazon. I only use the other ones when I have them laying around from when I get free samples and stuff. I have found that it is actually much better than the other ones, even the more expensive ones. It just seems to hold much better and sets quickly.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully I will have it with me tomorrow.
when you get the soft Coral, can you take some pictures of the base Rock I'm curious if it's live rock or man-made
I'm hoping it's man-made then they don't need cites permit for it. that'll tell us that they can ship more soft corals easily. I hope it's man-made

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've said this in the past and I'll say it again, it makes no sense growing these corals and selling them just so they have a slow death. So here's my secrets to keeping them thriving.

close to the beginning of the video you can see the little shrimp if you look close enough.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 61 28.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 47 21.9%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 25 11.6%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 74 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back