Dendronephthya & Scleronephthya aquaculture

@Sallstrom , i found a food, they really like. The rainbow color one is almost 12 inches. The rest are expanding more. The purple are two different ones.These picture do no justice

20181110_192738.jpg


20181110_192937.jpg


20181110_193118.jpg

I hope I can pick your brain on those feedings. I'm not really ready to do that large changes yet, but I hope to do a new setup for NPS within a couple of month.

Keep up the great work!
 
I hope I can pick your brain on those feedings. I'm not really ready to do that large changes yet, but I hope to do a new setup for NPS within a couple of month.

Keep up the great work!
They stay open 90%, i talk to head diver, about purple ones. The polyps suppose to look like spikes. And its looking that way. Never seen dendro that has polyps for spikes, different.
On orange ones getting still 50% polyps expansion. Going to check water perimeters in 7 hours. But all corals trying to reach for the stars.:)
 
Last edited:
I hope I can pick your brain on those feedings. I'm not really ready to do that large changes yet, but I hope to do a new setup for NPS within a couple of month.

Keep up the great work!
There an article here R2R, someone made cement cave for dendronephthya corals, that's one idea to think about . Nice article
 
Had to sneak up on them. I reconnected wet/dry at 5am. Water got colder. I can see the effect it has on them. They were bigger, before reconnect filter.

Sorry not best photos

The purple spiky corals, doing 110% the other 90%, their stalk is plump. Good sign.
The purple one that wasn't doing well, lot better.

Stay tune

20181112_055633-1.jpg


20181112_055645.jpg


20181112_055700-1.jpg


20181112_055955.jpg


20181112_060431.jpg
 
Hey @Joemama I think I saw you're in southern California. Reef lounge has some carnations. Some looked better than other but just wanted to give you a heads up.
456187fbe820bc0989d3baf33ffb99d1.jpg
Thats nice, im going tomorrow to same place where they probly buy? A wholesaler. I cut out middle man. Thanks for sharing. Its bueatiful.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new