Dendronephthya & Scleronephthya aquaculture

Filling up with ocean water 40 gallons

20181207_101058.jpg


20181207_101101.jpg
 
The yellow ones, fall off the Mother Colony some live some die.:(
The purple like one. I received from Australia, not in the greatest health, so I cut up and some babies live some die. Bummer
 
We made it to month two,with new batch of corals, incredible!!! Over a year to fine tune display tank. Been learning a lot about these corals. Since 1983 the first time I saw dendronephthya and scleronephthya been captivated by them. Why by now not aquacultured? Makes no sense . I sometimes feel like Don Quixote, someone's gotta try. One thing about me, when I set my mind to it. No stopping me.

So year 2, month 2, with new batch of corals. We're just getting started, as they say "you ain't seen nothing yet". Stay tune. :)

Screenshot_2018-03-11-11-14-44.png
 
Appreciate the updates!


So going into month 2 correct? How many lost and what is the longest one alive?
 
Appreciate the updates!


So going into month 2 correct? How many lost and what is the longest one alive?
I posted few days ago

In 2 days hit milestone of 1 month. From the way corals being treated, to my over feeding. Of the original colonies(22) I have 1/3 left. What I'm left with is good amount of small babies, that fell off original colony. Some colonies which were unhealthy(Australia ) I frag into small colonies.

Only the strong survive. After fragging, you notice which live on and which perish. Bummer:(

The colonies that survived look healthy and time will tell if they continue living.

So on with month2. :)
 
Oh sorry I missed that post! I really have been following, I swear!


Can't wait to see what's next! Ty for the great documentation.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new