OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they improve and continue to improve then I will spill the beans on what components I use for the flow pattern. This is the last key to better NPS corals. But it will take about 2 years to see what happens before I spilled the beans, I'm going to rotate one Coral only and the other one see if it thrives . The coral I name Deadpool the one I want to rotate it's a beautiful coral.

Took 4 hours to remove from reef, being careful, I'm told

received_492703241433602.jpeg

Last edited:

Samina

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow guys have been sulking for a few weeks but have perked up over the past few days, the cyano is my feeding indicator and is currently receding, there is a lot of food going in! ;)

DSC_0099 (1) (1024x738).jpg
Haha exactly what I do as well!! I have some spots of cyano that will grow after about 4/5 days of consistent spot feeding. And when they do, I slow down for a day or 2 and it receeds. I’m curious, do you happen to know what your PO4 and NO3 runs at in this tank?

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still running properly, one of the micro timers went out and so I need to get another one but I had an extra one, need to have extra, same with pumps, and anything else.

I'm going to describe the flow I found and hopefully anyone can try to duplicate in 2 years I'll show the three simple devices and relays to make it happen. I say 2 years because it's not for sure this is success for them thriving

I have two gyre's, for reference one of them flows water from south to North, the other one moved water from North to south . They are both plugged into a outlet that has a relay and they alternate, one comes on at 8 minutes then the other one comes on at another 8 minutes. When the one flowing from south to North comes on, then I have a micro timer that activates the other one on for 20 seconds on then off for 30 seconds. Then when the one that flows from north to south comes on for 8 minutes, I have a micro timer that activates the other one again 20 seconds on and 30 seconds off. And that's the flow

Also the gyre's on random setting , 10% power, then 60% power, 10% again, then 100%.....etcf
Brand 3K Coralvue

Also divider that's about 6 " away from back wall, divider is where corals are on, doing this, I can make water circle around corals. Can you see, I ask the blind man....

Last edited:

Samina

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our little secret. INDO list what maybe comes in USA
Some are here. Also trying to place a shipment of 7-9 carnations. Maybe happen

Screenshot_2020-02-04-17-00-14.png Screenshot_2020-02-04-17-00-05.png Screenshot_2020-02-04-16-59-54.png
Very cool! Look forward to seeing what comes in. List looks very promising!!

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha exactly what I do as well!! I have some spots of cyano that will grow after about 4/5 days of consistent spot feeding. And when they do, I slow down for a day or 2 and it receeds. I’m curious, do you happen to know what your PO4 and NO3 runs at in this tank?
Here's away to tell way before if your PO4 is off, get gorgonians, they are very sensitive to PO4 swings, you'll know how your PO4 is doing

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry no, it has never been tested except salinity.
I am going to get round to it soon, I'm actually quite interested to know! ;)

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Samina

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's away to tell way before if your PO4 is off, get gorgonians, they are very sensitive to PO4 swings, you'll know how your PO4 is doing
Thanks! Yes, I have quite a few different Gorgonions in the tank. Reason why I was asking before was because even when I notice the cyano starting to grow, my NO3 still ranges from 10-16ppm and PO4 from 0.04-0.08 ppm. Everything rains open and looks happy. But I guess the heavy feedings and particulate foods fuel the cyano maybe. I do not have hair algae in the display but have a lush growth on the ATS and the macro algae reactor grows to full also. I end up harvesting every 10days or sometimes sooner. But I’ve noticed after a few days of spot feeding, cyano starts to spread and after tapering down for the next few days, it receeds. It makes me wonder.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back