OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Yes, I have quite a few different Gorgonions in the tank. Reason why I was asking before was because even when I notice the cyano starting to grow, my NO3 still ranges from 10-16ppm and PO4 from 0.04-0.08 ppm. Everything rains open and looks happy. But I guess the heavy feedings and particulate foods fuel the cyano maybe. I do not have hair algae in the display but have a lush growth on the ATS and the macro algae reactor grows to full also. I end up harvesting every 10days or sometimes sooner. But I’ve noticed after a few days of spot feeding, cyano starts to spread and after tapering down for the next few days, it receeds. It makes me wonder.
m
You should turn off the lights, period. I do.....haha I have none, period. Hahaha

I know you can't, you have mostly photo synthetic. It's a joke

Samina

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
news to me, I got a feeling the wholesaler they use, got a lot of complaints from the existing long time customers, my hunch.
Yes that is what I was referring to also. It’s sad to see. Not sure of the moving parts involved and seems like many didn’t agree with the model to begin with. I have no experience with livestock wholesale so I was really excited about it. Oh well. LFS, and other vendors it is for me, I guess!

Samina

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should turn off the lights, period. I do.....haha I have none, period. Hahaha
Yes that would work right. Unfortunately, I can’t do that for too long as I have photosynthetic specimens in there that I quite love as well!!

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that is what I was referring to also. It’s sad to see. Not sure of the moving parts involved and seems like many didn’t agree with the model to begin with. I have no experience with livestock wholesale so I was really excited about it. Oh well. LFS, and other vendors it is for me, I guess!
Would I don't agree with, and of course it's not my company, at the end of check out it look like they were nickel and dime in you

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that would work right. Unfortunately, I can’t do that for too long as I have photosynthetic specimens in there that I quite love as well!!

I forgot, no mechanical filtration, there is a heater and return pump, I am trying to get the coral to be the filtration eventually if I can so there is less caulerpa prolifera in there.
... and yes I have a baby tang in 13.5 G, it is fattening up, about an inch, ready to go play in the big tank, it can naturally graze on a variety of algae in here as it does all day.
This is why I need the readings to see where I am at! ;)
I do have lps in here!

DSC_0099 (2) (1024x700).jpg

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! :)
Is picture of
Man I had to read a lot to catch up lol

I keep finding babies from my large carnation. This little guy finally attached to some rubble in the basket I have them in.

681E7EEE-7452-4E7C-931F-8C252BC0639B.jpeg
Stevie is that the same one you had before or a different one

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone please sum up the success formula for keeping scleronepthyea, dendropheta, carnations...
Just remember what I suggest and techniques are for aqua culture, I'm not at the point still to set up a nice-looking Reef with these corals, but we're really close to doing it.

1. Filtration, real calcium dry rock, like Marco rock, 25 pounds to 100 gallons, canister filter, filter water in sump. Skimmer your choice. Last I have diy DE filtration on discharge of return pump. Recharged every 2 weeks,

2. Foods, 1 raw egg, 8oz Phyto-Feast any type your choice, 2 teaspoon of reef roids, teaspoon shrimp baby food, put in blender. Feed 1ml every hour.
Forgot, fish feeder that can do powder foods, every 12hrs, has powder spiralina, chlorella, kelp,reef roids. Has enough trace elements, so don't worry about iodine or strontium

3. Flow I just put up, before your comment, hurry up, it's going down soon.

4. Rotate as you please. Also recently put up, hurry up...going down

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Baby of the big one I have had forever.
If any pictures in natural light please. Looks like stereonephthya the baby....just saying, won't know till natural light pix
Picture is stereonephthya, I use to think dendronephthya
Specimen from p@blo

Screenshot_2020-02-05-16-37-31-1.png

Back