Digis struggling

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mattc123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mattc123

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 27, 2019
Messages
190
Reaction score
56
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few days ago I received a shipment of coral and all of them did well right after I put them in all all opened within an hour. That night I went to work though and I came back to cloudy water and the next day everything was still closed with mildly less cloudiness. The second night I decided to take them all off their plugs and all have done great except my digis and spongodes. Could anyone explain why this is? Also I don't think the one Digi is looking too good so tell me thoughts.

620F2398-2BF7-4823-A1A5-9E8402CE132D.jpeg C66E8CD3-C295-4D22-A223-2E275194BE80.jpeg 10CCF74D-6451-45F2-AC9C-D299BCEBD2AB.jpeg 67961F90-2A41-4D03-B555-9F4CA97E47B7.jpeg A979554B-07EF-41CC-A6A3-4068492B0237.jpeg 6A3C5FA1-9A19-465A-B6C0-0BCF96FEA16F.jpeg 4FD2FFEA-C3F2-4424-9CEF-F55C4E8F1590.jpeg
 
A few days ago I received a shipment of coral and all of them did well right after I put them in all all opened within an hour. That night I went to work though and I came back to cloudy water and the next day everything was still closed with mildly less cloudiness. The second night I decided to take them all off their plugs and all have done great except my digis and spongodes. Could anyone explain why this is? Also I don't think the one Digi is looking too good so tell me thoughts.

620F2398-2BF7-4823-A1A5-9E8402CE132D.jpeg C66E8CD3-C295-4D22-A223-2E275194BE80.jpeg 10CCF74D-6451-45F2-AC9C-D299BCEBD2AB.jpeg 67961F90-2A41-4D03-B555-9F4CA97E47B7.jpeg A979554B-07EF-41CC-A6A3-4068492B0237.jpeg 6A3C5FA1-9A19-465A-B6C0-0BCF96FEA16F.jpeg 4FD2FFEA-C3F2-4424-9CEF-F55C4E8F1590.jpeg

How old’s the tank? Monti’s in general like potassium especially digi’s if gets low they start to look roughy lime that. It’s almost like they’re dry even underwater. I would try and test Alk/Cal/Mag/Potassium (K) asap.
 
How old’s the tank? Monti’s in general like potassium especially digi’s if gets low they start to look roughy lime that. It’s almost like they’re dry even underwater. I would try and test Alk/Cal/Mag/Potassium (K) asap.
The tank is going on 2 years old. Calcium is about 430 and ALK is about 10. I don't have a mag/pott test kit I'll have to pick one up
 
How old’s the tank? Monti’s in general like potassium especially digi’s if gets low they start to look roughy lime that. It’s almost like they’re dry even underwater. I would try and test Alk/Cal/Mag/Potassium (K) asap.
You’re positive it’s specifically low potassium that causes that “dry” look? I’ve had this problem for months.
 
The tank is going on 2 years old. Calcium is about 430 and ALK is about 10. I don't have a mag/pott test kit I'll have to pick one up
Definitely test it would be worth it. Salifert makes good kits for both mag and Potassium cheap and easy to use. Check amazon!
 
You’re positive it’s specifically low potassium that causes that “dry” look? I’ve had this problem for months.
Yeah it definitely can cause the dry look acros and a lot of corals for that matter even caps don’t really show any signs. But digi’s for some reason get hit hard by it and some encrusting species. Salifert makes a cheap and easy to use test kit I keep one handy.
14191615-ECC7-4872-8DED-FF61025A5741.jpeg
 
Hard to see anything wrong in the pics. Sounds like you had a bacteria bloom too but if it went away in a day I wouldn’t worry. Also you just got the corals so as long as you don’t see missing flesh I would just let them heal and acclimate.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new