dipping new fish ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jerl77
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jerl77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2008
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
394
Location
long island ny
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am going to start qt all the fish that comes in the house. do you guys dip them in anything before they go in the qt tank?
__________________
 
No need to dip, unless you buy them with something already. No need to add additional stress.
 
Last edited:
I dip certain fish in freshwater or copper. Mainly tangs and other fish that get ich fairly easy
 
i am going to start qt all the fish that comes in the house. do you guys dip them in anything before they go in the qt tank?
__________________

QT and observe, dips are stressful; no need to pile on the stress unless needed.
 
I give all new fish a freshwater dip

I just put low flow fresh water into the same bag i get the fish in. let the bag keep overflowing until you think it has pretty much all fresh water in the bag, I let it sit for maybe 3-5 minutes. always keep a watchful eye for stress then dump most of the water out into the sink and plop my fish in the display. seems to work for me. i used to QT with chemicals but lost more fish that way even after following directions on the bottles to a "T".
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new