Do I cut off modular marine bulkhead?

nathan212178

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2020
Messages
201
Reaction score
78
Location
donna
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just resting the overflow on my new tank and wanted to know if I’m supposed to cut the bulkhead as it’s hanging too far for the standpipes are supposed to be.

IMG_9837.jpeg
 
What style are you running this overflow as? Herbie style? Are there two drains or 3?
 
You can cut off the excess threads if they're in the way. Use a small blade hacksaw or a hand jig saw. I would put some sort of locker on the treads first and retighten the nut before you fo it as the extra threads that your cutting off won't be able to ensure the tightness of the nut. (Hope that made sense)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new