Do you have a Mandarin RIGHT NOW?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How many of you have a Mandarin Goby in your tank right now?

Don't you just love how those little "feathery" looking fins move? :D

bigstock-Synchiropus-Splendidus--The-M-368579146.jpg

bigstock-Mandarin-Goby-Is-Also-Called-T-200511562.jpg

Stuartmercer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Mandarin in my 29g sumpless, refugium-less tank. I rarely dose pods, and my mandarin doesnt eat prepared. It's been going strong for almost a year now! Trust me when I say I have a strong pod population... maybe a little to strong, eh? I'm thinking about starting a pod culture soon if something goes south but I should be good for a while longer!

I will say it is definately possible to keep one in a nano... Maybe not long term, but it's possible to keep one well fed for while in such a small tank.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife would love to have one in the 125, but I have other fish that keep the pod population in the DT to a minimum. With my aquascape, we'd probably never see it anyway. I could definitely keep one in the fuge, buuuut no.

karamreef117

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mandarin in my ten gallon. Currently trying to seed my other tank with pods so I can place it in the bigger tank and take my time with the new build. Mandarins Are awesome!!!! They have a great personality as well!

Neros503

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! I have one in my biocube 29 with refugium. He's grown from around 3/4 inch, to probably more than an inch in the month that I've had him. As far as I know, he only eats pods even though he's captive bred and is supposed to eat frozen/dry foods. I've added one supplementary bottle of pods to the tank after 3 weeks, and the next day, I didn't see a single one. Not sure if he ate them that quickly or what.
IMG_5968.JPG

jay06705

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had one for around a year now, don't see him quite often usually when I least expect it. He likes to hang around the back wall behind the rocks. I was originally skeptical about getting him was worried my pistol shrimp might get him, everything seems to behave.

Back