Documenting RRC Rainbow Splice Growth Thread

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pics are nice and all but being able to view it in person is AMAZING! I’m just beginning to stock my tank with SPS and @SawCJack00 is going to be the only vendor I buy from. So far I could not be happier with the corals I’ve purchased. Who knows maybe one day I will even get a piece of this, after all it is my wife’s favorite coral on his website.

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pics are nice and all but being able to view it in person is AMAZING! I’m just beginning to stock my tank with SPS and @SawCJack00 is going to be the only vendor I buy from. So far I could not be happier with the corals I’ve purchased. Who knows maybe one day I will even get a piece of this, after all it is my wife’s favorite coral on his website.
Thank you for the kind words Eddie!

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my August 1st update. A little different angle on the mother colony, and I did cut 2 frags off as backups. Still not selling any yet, but maybe soon...
RRC Rainbow Splice.jpg

RRC Rainbow Splice Frag 1.jpg

EA Sunburst Milli photo bombing :)
RRC Rainbow Splice Frag 2.jpg

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is incredible. The macro shot you took of the colors mixing is wallpaper worthy! Have you noticed the colors continuing throughout the piece or is the green becoming more dominant?
There seems to be more green up high and more red lower. it will be interesting to see the colors as it continues to grow.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There seems to be more green up high and more red lower. it will be interesting to see the colors as it continues to grow.
I wonder if this is the only account of one growing into a colony. You're in uncharted territory here... eagerly waiting for it to fill out to see how it settles in.

JAMSOURY

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I made a mistake and bought a nub off Cornbred a while ago. Small piece and had no red at all. Thought I got ripped off and red would never show. Glad to finally see the reds coming in.
Pretty cool that the color defect stays in its dna and doesn’t need both colors in the frag for it to show!

40EFA5FF-7514-407C-8744-AA4BAA5A9D7E.jpeg

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I made a mistake and bought a nub off Cornbred a while ago. Small piece and had no red at all. Thought I got ripped off and red would never show. Glad to finally see the reds coming in.
Pretty cool that the color defect stays in its dna and doesn’t need both colors in the frag for it to show!

40EFA5FF-7514-407C-8744-AA4BAA5A9D7E.jpeg
It appears that it doesn't matter where or how you frag it, the 2 colors will eventually show up. Hopefully as the price of these go down, we will start to see more larger colonies and actually marvel in all its beauty.

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
December 2020 update.

Mommy
RRC Rainbow Splice.jpg

Child going into my 460 soon.
RRC Rainbow Splice Frag.jpg

I have to confess, I did finally sell one. It was the other frag I cut a few months ago.

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice update!If anyone knows of a mille that’s got the same purple as this acro but colored solid purple instead let me know! So hard to find a true purple mille, might be almost as hard to find as a grafted mille am I right? That’s what makes this piece special if you ask me, not the graft itself, although grafted acros are awesome when the graft is holding.

It looks like some of the middle grafted areas are not as defined and it has dark green polyps which is kinda cool! I wonder if the darker green will turn purple or stay green.

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice update!If anyone knows of a mille that’s got the same purple as this acro but colored solid purple instead let me know! So hard to find a true purple mille, might be almost as hard to find as a grafted mille am I right? That’s what makes this piece special if you ask me, not the graft itself, although grafted acros are awesome when the graft is holding.

It looks like some of the middle grafted areas are not as defined and it has dark green polyps which is kinda cool! I wonder if the darker green will turn purple or stay green.
So this piece is not actually a graft. It is the result of a green fluorescent protein infection. It is actually a reddish purple, or whatever color you wish to call it Millepora that has absorbed the green florescent protein from other corals. The reason the middle is more green is because I have fragged the tips which were much more balanced in color and glued them around the base. As the branches grow out they develop the reddish purple color, so now the middle is also developing the reddish purple color.

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW great growth and nice growout. It seems to have grown very fast!!! Great job. cant wait to see future pics!

when will the next update be?
Thank you Shane, I'll post an update on January 1

Back