Does it drive you crazy too?

  • Thread starter Thread starter skinz78
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2009
Messages
21,938
Reaction score
638
Location
lovely rainy NW Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watch for certain items on Ebay and when I do a search for a Fungia I get titles like "Acan Scoly Chalice SPS Zoa Fungia" and the item is actually a Zoa... This drives me nuts, anyone with me on this one?
 
LOL yeah.....they want to make sure everyone sees it, whether they are looking for it or not.
 
LET'S NOT POINT FINGURES HERE!YOUR OPINION IS WLECOME,BUT LETS NOT BRING NAMES INTO IT!
THANKS

It drives me crazy as a buyer..but when I sell coral, it makes sense because you want as many "key words" as possible to get attention.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with ya. I quit trying to search specific corals because of that. And to be honest I have almost completely stopped looking at Ebay because of it. I just want to look at what I search for not the whole 14,000 coral listings...........
 
It does suck, but it does what it's intended to. Advertise to the widest audience. I've given up on E-bay and rely on a select few places that I REALLY trust.
 
yea it annoys me, but I've had some really good experiences on ebay, which is surprising hearing from a few of ya. I've dealt with several sponsors who run ebays, never had a problem, and some non-sponsors and also have had great experiences.

Maybe I should join the club saying I had horrible experiences so there'd be less competition on my bids :tongue:
 
yea it annoys me, but I've had some really good experiences on ebay, which is surprising hearing from a few of ya. I've dealt with several sponsors who run ebays, never had a problem, and some non-sponsors and also have had great experiences.

Maybe I should join the club saying I had horrible experiences so there'd be less competition on my bids :tongue:

I agree buying on Ebay is horrible just horrible:wink::tongue:

I honestly doesn't deter me but definatly annoys...
 
I personally can't imagine what you could possibly find on ebay that you couldn't find on one of these sites like R2R. That's why I usually don't use ebay.
 
Last edited:
If you see it report the auction. Its called title spamming and its against eBay rules. It is very irritating to search for a certain species and everything but what you are looking for comes up.
Again, report the auction and the sellers will stop posting that way.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new