Doser 2.1 calibration issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got it connected to the app and have tried to calibrate it at speed 1 and 0 but once calibrated i try to dose 10ml and i get 13ml, if i dose 20ml it ends up dosing 24ml hoe can i correct this?

OP
OP
Marc2952

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried dosing 1ml which is my goal for alk and it doses 0.7ml instead.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First things, and I will try to take a swing at this, being somewhat new to GHL, what are you dosing? Does it need that type of precision? I personally have found that the precision of calibrating at a speed of 2 or 3 will be perfectly fine. Also something to think about, were the lines primed with no air? Just trying to help. :)

@Ditto , @Vinny@GHLUSA, please add any advice to help.

OP
OP
Marc2952

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First things, and I will try to take a swing at this, being somewhat new to GHL, what are you dosing? Does it need that type of precision? I personally have found that the precision of calibrating at a speed of 2 or 3 will be perfectly fine. Also something to think about, were the lines primed with no air? Just trying to help. :)

@Ditto , @Vinny@GHLUSA, please add any advice to help.
Thanks for helping and yes lines are primed, i got a clear tube to make sure theres no air in it, im just testing it with water at the moment since i want to make sure its accurate before installing it on the tank. I just tried to dose 10ml and got 12ml instead at speed 0. Does the bottom of the water line count or is it the upper?

Attachments

• 20210718_185828.jpg
    20210718_185828.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 32

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for helping and yes lines are primed, i got a clear tube to make sure theres no air in it, im just testing it with water at the moment since i want to make sure its accurate before installing it on the tank. I just tried to dose 10ml and got 12ml instead at speed 0. Does the bottom of the water line count or is it the upper?
It is the upper of the graduated cylinder when measuring. Lets see if we can't get some GHL support that know more than myself to help. I just switched to GHL and I am currently liking it, BUT, still learning it. :)

@Ditto, @Vinny@GHLUSA

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that you have it primed, set the speed of the pump and hit the calibrate pump. I ideally do it 4-5 times writing each results down and then average and place the final as the flow rate of the pump.

07672651-7A95-4040-84B3-0B04604891EA.png

Video:

OP
OP
Marc2952

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is the upper of the graduated cylinder when measuring. Lets see if we can't get some GHL support that know more than myself to help. I just switched to GHL and I am currently liking it, BUT, still learning it. :)

@Ditto, @Vinny@GHLUSA
Thanks i figured it was that one, i just calibrated it at speed 2 and saved it at exactly 20ml, did it to dose 20ml and exactly that aswell

Attachments

• 20210718_190839.jpg
    20210718_190839.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
Marc2952

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that you have it primed, set the speed of the pump and hit the calibrate pump. I ideally do it 4-5 times writing each results down and then average and place the final as the flow rate of the pump.

07672651-7A95-4040-84B3-0B04604891EA.png
Will do that now thanks do you recommend speed 1 and 0 instead?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends how much much you plan to dose per dose and the time it would take to do said dose :).

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks i figured it was that one, i just calibrated it at speed 2 and saved it at exactly 20ml, did it to dose 20ml and exactly that aswell
I have noticed, when calibrating, that the doses you replace the initial dosing rate will cause the other calibrating doses to adjust. I would calibrate at speed 3 with a 480 dose and then recalibrate from there.

Trying not to confuse you, but @Ditto, can elaborate on this as well I am sure. Always look at what the rate of the pump vs. the speed vs. the expected pump speed will be.

I seen this when trying to calibrate at speed 1 for Pump 8. I just started from scratch and started with pump speed 3 at 480. which is the initial calibration speed, and went from there.

OP
OP
Marc2952

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends how much much you plan to dose per dose and the time it would take to do said dose :).
I tried to dose 10ml now and it dosed 11ml is that ok? I want to dose 1ml throught the day is that difference gonna seriously affect it?

Attachments

• 20210718_192407.jpg
    20210718_192407.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 19

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@Ditto, @Vinny@GHLUSA
I´m sorry to say - it is the bottom you should read - always that in graduated cylinders.

I normally calibrate with help of weight. I use a scale graduated in 0.1 g. Run 3 to 5 calibrations run and take the average. 1g = 1ml. the graduated cylinders that you use is not exact enough IMO.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Marc2952

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I´m sorry to say - it is the bottom you should read - always that in graduated cylinders.

I normally calibrate with help of weight. I use a scale graduated in 0.1 g. Run 3 to 5 calibrations run and take the average. 1g = 1ml. the graduated cylinders that you use is not exact enough IMO.

Sincerely Lasse
Wait so its the bottom? Ive been reading this wrong? I always read the bottom of the hanna vials when i do all testing since thats what ive always been told but now im confused lol

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to dose 10ml now and it dosed 11ml is that ok? I want to dose 1ml throught the day is that difference gonna seriously affect it?
HONESTLY, yes. I say this with sincere honesty, It will not matter.

@Lasse, I always look at the bottom of the formed top...if that makes sense. Sometimes you have a flat line, and other times you have a convex. I look at the bottom and top of the convex, and depending on which way you look at you are right and wrong. Looking at the bottom you are right, looking at the top you are wrong. :)

@Marc2952, when I look at my Hanna checkers, I actually look at the bottom of the convex, but I, personally, have never seen one in a graduated cylinder, just in a Hanna Cuvette.

OP
OP
Marc2952

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HONESTLY, yes. I say this with sincere honesty, It will not matter.

@Lasse, I always look at the bottom of the formed top...if that makes sense. Sometimes you have a flat line, and other times you have a convex. I look at the bottom and top of the convex, and depending on which way you look at you are right and wrong. Looking at the bottom you are right, looking at the top you are wrong. :)

@Marc2952, when I look at my Hanna checkers, I actually look at the bottom of the convex, but I, personally, have never seen one in a graduated cylinder, just in a Hanna Cuvette.
So its the bottom then? Cause if so thats the difference of 1ml.

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So its the bottom then? Cause if so thats the difference of 1ml.
It could be, but either way, 10 ml or 11 ml, I will say you are fine. :) And I will stack my own tank on this.;)

OP
OP
Marc2952

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be, but either way, 10 ml or 11 ml, I will say you are fine. :) And I will stack my own tank on this.;)
I guess ill settle for that, all 4 pumps are like that, ill check in a week to cabritate it again thanks for the help.

mtfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sincerely Lasse
I was going to comment on this. The meniscus is properly shown in this PDF. It is read as the lowest point.

OP
OP
Marc2952

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it all calibrated thanks just one more question did they remove the option to recors values? Because i dont see it anywhere. I say this because i woukd also like to know at what time my alk and calcium dose throughout the day since it would be bad if it doses the alk and calcium at the same time.

Screenshot_20210718-232453_GHL Connect.jpg

Last edited:

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back