Dosing Container

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do i would like to know as well

You don't like the RODI fitting in the lids? I saw the mur-lok taps in the BRS video and planned on doing the same
Mur-lock.JPG

OP
OP
madcanary

madcanary

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't like the RODI fitting in the lids? I saw the mur-lok taps in the BRS video and planned on doing the same
Mur-lock.JPG
I did this but didn't like it because I couldn't see in the bottles, I'm sure there is a way to tack dosing with Apex i could probably figure it out.

bdejong1112o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am at the same decision point. I am planning my purchases and if bought with the DOS the 2 chamber container is 149. But time 2 it adds up. I was planning to do the same as BRS with the murloc connector right on the bottle. I get the wanting visibility and hope someone chimes in on how to track usage with the neptune system. I may post it on thier dedicated forum to see if they have options. 300.00 is 300.00 in my book.

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had Blue Tide make me a custom ATO container after I read about their custom work on a few R2R threads. I had positive experience and might use them for a custom dosing container if I decide to upgrade from the tapped bottle caps. Their prices seem very fair.

Shameless_Dood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know about the Neptune, but my Kamoer doser will keep track of it for me. I just drilled a couple holes in the top of the bottles just ever so slightly smaller than the tubing and stick the tube down the bottle, nothing fancy.

Kent12456

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a diy thread on these and I went this route. You get three 800ml glass bottles with plastic screw on lids that can be drilled to add fittings. $30 on Amazon. Painted advertising on bottles scrapes off easily with a razor. Bottles have a slightly over sized mouth. Commercially made Dosing containers pricing is ridiculous.
IMG_0350.PNG

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does your doser not track how much you filled and what level it is at? My GHL does that, I just tell it how big the container is, how much liquid is in it, and to alert me when it drops to a certain ML level and it does the rest. Does the DOS not do that within Apex?

I agree, dosing containers are a box of acrylic and why they are so expensive is beyond me. The glass VOSS bottles work, and you can always use beer growlers and tap the tops for more holding power:

https://www.amazon.com/Growler-Ambe...&qid=1506617474&sr=1-6&keywords=glass+growler

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 62 46.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back