Dosing Container

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Script_Kitty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using the Aquatop media reactor MR-20 that I have modified to use as a ddr for the apex dos with optical sensors. Had one already, and discovered they make nice DDRs. So i gor more.

I have space issues (doing all this on a biocube 32).

You can get the reactors from amazon for about 40 bucks, and come with two hanging clips that worked out well for me.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GYG54O6?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Its a bit of a mess right now as i am trying to add a forth to go triton, and working out connecting the optical sensors direct to the ddr.

These reactors have a nice internal structure with a tube that lets me run the optical cables and the dos tubing down the center, and use the reactor filter platea as a adjustable mount for the optical sensor. It also allows me to refill through the second port in the top.

They store about 800 ml of fluid, which is fine for my small system, but might be too little for people needing bigger Storage (according to my calculations, i will have to refil about ever 6 months at the current ussage rate. Hence why i wanted the apex integration, cause i know i will forget about checking them.

All that is left is making a DOS DDR port converter to the optical sensors so i can get rid of the FMM and clean up the cable mess (will also give me the DDR panel in apex fusion).

9F41F466-1443-41EB-8C47-9725B6067B6D.jpeg

8017F632-2317-4AEC-9318-76F741A3844A.jpeg

g5flier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a diy thread on these and I went this route. You get three 800ml glass bottles with plastic screw on lids that can be drilled to add fittings. $30 on Amazon. Painted advertising on bottles scrapes off easily with a razor. Bottles have a slightly over sized mouth. Commercially made Dosing containers pricing is ridiculous.
IMG_0350.PNG
I have 2 tanks, the first one uses the DDR, love it, hate the price. New 2nd tank I went the "VOSS" water bottle route. $2.50 each at the grocery store and $6.48 worth of BRS items to complete this DIY build. They are fantastic, clear 800 ml glass dosing bottles. I'll make a tray for them at some point. Love APEX stuff but...these rock.

Erick Armanii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using the Aquatop media reactor MR-20 that I have modified to use as a ddr for the apex dos with optical sensors. Had one already, and discovered they make nice DDRs. So i gor more.

I have space issues (doing all this on a biocube 32).

You can get the reactors from amazon for about 40 bucks, and come with two hanging clips that worked out well for me.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GYG54O6?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Its a bit of a mess right now as i am trying to add a forth to go triton, and working out connecting the optical sensors direct to the ddr.

These reactors have a nice internal structure with a tube that lets me run the optical cables and the dos tubing down the center, and use the reactor filter platea as a adjustable mount for the optical sensor. It also allows me to refill through the second port in the top.

They store about 800 ml of fluid, which is fine for my small system, but might be too little for people needing bigger Storage (according to my calculations, i will have to refil about ever 6 months at the current ussage rate. Hence why i wanted the apex integration, cause i know i will forget about checking them.

All that is left is making a DOS DDR port converter to the optical sensors so i can get rid of the FMM and clean up the cable mess (will also give me the DDR panel in apex fusion).

9F41F466-1443-41EB-8C47-9725B6067B6D.jpeg

8017F632-2317-4AEC-9318-76F741A3844A.jpeg
Wow I would love to see more pictures of this!

Script_Kitty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I would love to see more pictures of this!

Let me get it back into shape and i will post some.

I tried to “wet my feet” with a small salt water tank to learn the basics, before going big. But when i found out about apex, the computer geek in me took over.

My logic is to learn in the baby tank, then move everything over to a big one. At least thats what i tell my wife when she sees the bills.

The problem is trying to fit it all into a 18 x 18 inch stand. In the end, i decided the “outside” parts of the stand also count.

I am begining to think i might be the forst person who needs a bigger tank not because the fish got to big, but because the automation wouldnt fit any longer.

Want2BS8ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am begining to think i might be the forst person who needs a bigger tank not because the fish got to big, but because the automation wouldnt fit any longer.

Nope!!

43ea01aa0e07c1ff7b1af03f738a1f12.jpg

Dupla CO2 reactor on the OUTSIDE of a freshwater tank stand... [emoji4]

Owner of the LFS often tells me I only keep coral and fish to tell me my equipment is working!!!

M

Edit: found some old photos of that tank...

"Pepin the Fat" guards the tank back in 2012...
4495050d88343c964a1916b4c6c0dc23.jpg

...and the effort wears him out!
52c51b8dac944529495eb623c180231a.jpg

Last edited:

NOBSAC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/dlc4-quadruple-dosing-reservoir-skimz.html

Launched these pre-emptively due to all the requests! We'll get our own photos uploaded soon :)

Thanks! @Bulk Reef Supply
Ordered!

For those ordering BRS has a coupon for $5 off $75 here: (This should help reduce the ~$16 of shipping baked into the price over MSRP)

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/coupons-and-deals

To reach $75 I just ordered a RO tube clip for $0.19 here:
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reverse-osmosis-tube-clips.html

If you are really, really cheap you could order a foot of tubing for $0.15, but I let you find the link on your own.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 5.9%
Back