Double Supp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bricky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw the latest post on Reef Builders about the new Triton approved CaRx media. Can I get the Triton US team's opinion on using both the Rx media and the 4-part solution. I've toyed with the idea of using both at the same time to get a more rounded approach to supplementation, but haven't actually implemented it. I have all the gear (doser and reactor), but didn't want to sell one or the other off quite yet.

Matt

joefishUC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw the latest post on Reef Builders about the new Triton approved CaRx media. Can I get the Triton US team's opinion on using both the Rx media and the 4-part solution. I've toyed with the idea of using both at the same time to get a more rounded approach to supplementation, but haven't actually implemented it. I have all the gear (doser and reactor), but didn't want to sell one or the other off quite yet.

Matt

Both products are not intended to be used together since they both stabilize the macro elements. The base elementz will handle all of your element needs since they include the full matrix of macro and trace elements. Of course if you want to add things like additional iron or silicates this is entirely up to the individual.

The media is a very pure marble and best used in larger reef aquariums or aquariums with tremendous buffering needs. Since the media will cover most of your macro element needs, the only things you should supplement in addition would be various trace elements. In my opinion, the base elementz are so well designed and easy to use as they take most of the guesswork out of what to add and how much. Just get the alk to a stable 8dkh and then dose all 4 parts in the same amounts.

For the ca media you would still want to determine what trace elements to dose on a regular basis. The best way to do this is through ICP testing. Hope this helps. If your tank is under 250 gallons I think the Base Elementz is the way to go.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back