Dragon eel on full display

Gogoggansgo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I scored a dragon eel at my LFS she needed a home and I got her for $500. She has been excellent and is feeding on frozen food
Ps I didn’t clean my glass worth a dang because I sea urchin needs to eat
8142452D-CB5F-4A24-A9F3-65E3EEBAD5B6.jpeg 96DBBC90-2CDA-4541-A21D-CFD752A310F3.jpeg 67AB18EE-9F21-42F6-A5A2-34026DADDA75.jpeg 8DA9F851-626C-40BA-8D1F-B52A7CE98D6B.jpeg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Won't that eat your fish?

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aren’t you worried it will eat your Clownfish and Purple Tang. One of my Clownfish is a rescue, from someone who bought an Eel.

OP
OP
Gogoggansgo

Gogoggansgo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aren’t you worried it will eat your Clownfish and Purple Tang. One of my Clownfish is a rescue, from someone who bought an Eel.
Not really, i’ve dealt with Moray eels before this girl has seen some crap because she’s a total ***** cat. They had her with all the ******* fish at the local store

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only if she get them into her mouth and there’s not one fish in there that’s small enough

Not even, I watched a dragon eel with my own eyes take a 10" blue tang, roll it up and take it behind the rocks for a meal. Not my tank, I warned my friend as he introduced the tang into the tank, it happened in an instance. All of those fish will disappear. Tank mates for fang tooth morays have to chosen very carefully; large angels, triggers, groupers, thick Acanthurus tangs, etc; in a large enough tank for those types of fish. I'm not sure what size tank she is in, anything smaller than a 180g and she's be in there alone.

OP
OP
Gogoggansgo

Gogoggansgo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not even, I watched a dragon eel with my own eyes take a 10" blue tang, roll it up and take it behind the rocks for a meal. Not my tank, I warned my friend as he introduced the tang into the tank, it happened in an instance. All of those fish will disappear. Tank mates for fang tooth morays have to chosen very carefully; large angels, triggers, groupers, thick Acanthurus tangs, etc; in a large enough tank for those types of fish. I'm not sure what size tank she is in, anything smaller than a 180g and she's be in there alone.
I’m fixing to find out lol the tang/comet are the only two I would be upset about

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a matter of a month, those teeth ain't for show. Even domino damsels are pushovers when first introduced. Everything might be fine forever, every fish in there could be gone by tomorrow morning. You should not confuse cannot with has not.

Fantastic looking eels, just don't keep fish you aren't willing to lose with them.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know zilch about eels. What is its life expectancy? I’m trying to figure out— at $500— how much that eel is costing you ‘per day?’ :)

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know zilch about eels. What is its life expectancy? I’m trying to figure out— at $500— how much that eel is costing you ‘per day?’ :)
I don't recall ever reading one dying of old age and I've been in this for a long time. Taking a blind guess I'd bet over 20 years based on being big and slow moving.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only if she get them into her mouth and there’s not one fish in there that’s small enough
That eel is capable of eating all of those fish. I would keep it well fed until you can get the other fish out. That tank is really too small to keep any fish that would be too big for it to eat.

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you may be confusing the diet for this moray with a snowflake or a zebra. Those two won't go after fish they can't fit in their mouth. The Dragon Moray will certainly eat most fish regardless of size if they get hungry. As with most things in the hobby though, you can minimize the risk by keeping it well fed.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 57.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back