Dream Aquarium Setup Ideas / Inspirations!

Mosco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my reef tank (25g nano) for about one year now. I have learned a lot over this past year, so much to the point i’ve realized it is nothing like what I inspire to have. Current list includes: 2 Wyoming White Clownfish, Lawnmower Blenny, Citron Goby, 2 Rainbow BTA’s, 2 Mini Maxi Anemones, Illuminati Zoanthids, Sunkist Bounce Mushroom, Dragon Soul Torch, etc.

Would love to have a Red Sea Max Nano (20g) w/ Apex & Trident to run an SPS dominant tank, mainly Acropora. Main questions would be; is it safe to keep my bounce mushroom in an sps tank? Zoanthids? Planning on having a “floating” structure for Acropora/Scolymia with bounce mushrooms & LPS towards the bottom of the tank. Was curious of how serious bounce mushrooms conflict with acropora in such a small space.
Also livestock recommendations! Planning on Yellow Banded Pygmy Wrasse, Banggai Cardinal, Mandarin Dragonet & Purple Firefish.
Thanks for reading this word salad and open to any ideas / criticism!

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Mosco

glad to be the first to say #WelcimetoR2R

Interested to see the 25. Sounds great. The Red Sea also sounds like a good set up. I’m not sure about a apex and trident on a 20, but everyone runs tanks different.

Your fish choice technically is ok. I say that because cardinal can get big, but they usually are much of a swimmer depending on which type. Fire fish is fine, mandarin needs to have a sustainable food source.

As far as coral, I don’t keep bounce so not sure. The rest should be fine as long as you plan ahead when first placing in tank and then pruning and needed.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back