Dream Aquarium Setup Ideas / Inspirations!

Mosco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my reef tank (25g nano) for about one year now. I have learned a lot over this past year, so much to the point i’ve realized it is nothing like what I inspire to have. Current list includes: 2 Wyoming White Clownfish, Lawnmower Blenny, Citron Goby, 2 Rainbow BTA’s, 2 Mini Maxi Anemones, Illuminati Zoanthids, Sunkist Bounce Mushroom, Dragon Soul Torch, etc.

Would love to have a Red Sea Max Nano (20g) w/ Apex & Trident to run an SPS dominant tank, mainly Acropora. Main questions would be; is it safe to keep my bounce mushroom in an sps tank? Zoanthids? Planning on having a “floating” structure for Acropora/Scolymia with bounce mushrooms & LPS towards the bottom of the tank. Was curious of how serious bounce mushrooms conflict with acropora in such a small space.
Also livestock recommendations! Planning on Yellow Banded Pygmy Wrasse, Banggai Cardinal, Mandarin Dragonet & Purple Firefish.
Thanks for reading this word salad and open to any ideas / criticism!

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @Mosco

glad to be the first to say #WelcimetoR2R

Interested to see the 25. Sounds great. The Red Sea also sounds like a good set up. I’m not sure about a apex and trident on a 20, but everyone runs tanks different.

Your fish choice technically is ok. I say that because cardinal can get big, but they usually are much of a swimmer depending on which type. Fire fish is fine, mandarin needs to have a sustainable food source.

As far as coral, I don’t keep bounce so not sure. The rest should be fine as long as you plan ahead when first placing in tank and then pruning and needed.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%

Back