Earthquake/Tsunami

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This doesn't completely belong in the forum, however, I felt it's very important for all!!

A MAJOR 8.9 Earthquake hit, north east of Japan, a few hours ago, resulting in a 33' Tsunami, coming ashore. Japan is one of the most prepared countries, in the world, when it comes to earthquake and tsunami disasters. However, this is beyond what anyone can possibly prepare for.

A tsunami warning is also in effect, throughout over 20 countries, along the entire Pacific Rim, including Hawaii.

Please keep all of these areas, countries and people, in our thoughts and prayers. Hitting close to home, this could have an effect on Les, of Wet Pets Hawaii. Les, I hope you're safe!

The possibilities of tsunamis is reaching as far as Australia, the Marshall Islands and many more areas, along the entire Pacific Rim.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
California, Oregon, Canada, etc.. all now have WARNINGS for a tsunami! Coastal areas and low lying areas should evacuate.

OP
OP
returnofsid

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The number of countries, receiving warnings, was recently updated, from 20 to over 50. The entire west coast of USA, including Alaska, were also added.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My thoughts and prayers go out to the people of Japan. Those other countries and our own states with tsunami warnings...please take cover and be safe!!

Back