EasySPS food

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, they are small crystallizations of salt, this is because all our ingredients come from marine origin.
Pablo,

Have there been any published or internal company data for feeding and growth with EasySPS? I haven't been able to find a publicly published study.

Pablo Easyreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pablo,

Have there been any published or internal company data for feeding and growth with EasySPS? I haven't been able to find a publicly published study.
That's right, we do it in our laboratory internally. Our products habitually take 1-2 years to hit the market while the product is formulated and tested before it is sold.

How can we help you?

I am currently participating in the research on heterotrophy in the sexual reproduction of coral and using in some easysps plots, I hope that the information will be published.

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's right, we do it in our laboratory internally. Our products habitually take 1-2 years to hit the market while the product is formulated and tested before it is sold.

How can we help you?

I am currently participating in the research on heterotrophy in the sexual reproduction of coral and using in some easysps plots, I hope that the information will be published.
That's great to hear! I would love to read about EasySPS on coral sexual reproduction when it gets published!

I'm mainly curious to see whether there is a difference in growth rates and markers of coral health between feeding EasySPS vs artemia vs phyto vs non-feeding conditions. This is in the context that an artificial novel microbound diet performed so poorly in comparison to Artemia Nauplii alone and Isochrysis galbana alone (Conlan et. al 2018 and 2019) in assorted acropora species.

This being said, I continue to use EasySPS and EasyBooster, but I've been supplementing with Artemia Nauplii daily too, given the studies I cited above.

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These ‘cubes’ are interesting as I have had to replace my dosing lines 3 times since installing the bigger of the bags as they have blocked with these crystals…is there a way to avoid this Pablo? It’s a big job for me to replace my lines and the first time I ended up wasting loads of food and covering my carpet and surrounding area in the food which then caused a smell. Really messy.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any specific reason to schedule the dosing that way? Benefits?

I just dose both 24x a day.

Hello,

That’s what was recommend, no other reason
Google Translate of the above post:

Good Morning.

Both products should be used daily, the easybooster I recommend that you use it during the day cycle, one hour after turning on the lights, with a minimum dose of 1ml per dose, in nature the phytoplankton peaks are during the day, if we want to imitate a natural reef.

With the easysps EVO (zooplankton) in my personal aquarium I dose it in the proportion 70% during the day and 30% during the night, with a minimum dose of 1ml.

I hope I have helped you, I will be waiting in case you have any questions.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any of you had a phosphate problem?
mine went from 0.04 to 0.18 in one month, I dose 4 ml evo and 4ml booster on 400 liters

@Pablo Easyreefs

Hello,

I haven’t had any issues with phosphates from dosing. I dose 6 ml of Booster and 10 ml of Evo to about 180 gallons of actual water (680 liters) I actually had the opposite problem once dosing after a month.

How is your overall coral load?

periocillin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reef.
20210602_220523.jpg

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These ‘cubes’ are interesting as I have had to replace my dosing lines 3 times since installing the bigger of the bags as they have blocked with these crystals…is there a way to avoid this Pablo? It’s a big job for me to replace my lines and the first time I ended up wasting loads of food and covering my carpet and surrounding area in the food which then caused a smell. Really messy.

I've been using it for well over a year without that issue. Early on, I did notice that my dosing line was getting a crust on it at the end of the line that would start to creep up the line. I installed a check valve at the end of the line and haven't had the issue ever since.

Pablo Easyreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great to hear! I would love to read about EasySPS on coral sexual reproduction when it gets published!

I'm mainly curious to see whether there is a difference in growth rates and markers of coral health between feeding EasySPS vs artemia vs phyto vs non-feeding conditions. This is in the context that an artificial novel microbound diet performed so poorly in comparison to Artemia Nauplii alone and Isochrysis galbana alone (Conlan et. al 2018 and 2019) in assorted acropora species.

This being said, I continue to use EasySPS and EasyBooster, but I've been supplementing with Artemia Nauplii daily too, given the studies I cited above.
I read the paper when it was published, it shows how Isochrysis is an important part of the diet.

Muscatine in 1981 published a paper where he showed how to calculate Carbon fixed by CHAR heterotrophy or CZAR autotrophy, and CTAR is the total carbon fixed. The CZAR can represent up to 95%, and the CHAR up to 55%. If we do not feed corals, the amount of fixed carbon will be less.

Well, In relation to brine shrimp or artemia, it is considered as transport vectors, depending on the diet, its nutritional profile will vary.

Instead of artemia we use Palaemonetes Varians which we raise in natural marine lagoons, in the natural area of Veta la Palma, in a Biodiversity Reserve. Naturally, this shrimp acquires a large amount of astaxanthin and beta-carotene. It has a more interesting and complete nutritional profile against artemia, we also add different microalgae (Isochrysis, Tetraselmis, Nannochloropsis and Phaeodactylum tricornutum) to complement amino acids and fatty acids.

Pablo Easyreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, you can shake the container, sometimes small crystallizations of the salts are generated. If your problem persists, you can send me an email to my personal email [email protected].

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read the paper when it was published, it shows how Isochrysis is an important part of the diet.

Muscatine in 1981 published a paper where he showed how to calculate Carbon fixed by CHAR heterotrophy or CZAR autotrophy, and CTAR is the total carbon fixed. The CZAR can represent up to 95%, and the CHAR up to 55%. If we do not feed corals, the amount of fixed carbon will be less.

Well, In relation to brine shrimp or artemia, it is considered as transport vectors, depending on the diet, its nutritional profile will vary.

Instead of artemia we use Palaemonetes Varians which we raise in natural marine lagoons, in the natural area of Veta la Palma, in a Biodiversity Reserve. Naturally, this shrimp acquires a large amount of astaxanthin and beta-carotene. It has a more interesting and complete nutritional profile against artemia, we also add different microalgae (Isochrysis, Tetraselmis, Nannochloropsis and Phaeodactylum tricornutum) to complement amino acids and fatty acids.
@Pablo Easyreefs

Wow, I didn't know that Palaemonetes Varians' nutritional profile was so robust, that's really cool.

I don't think anyone questions the theoretical potential benefits of EasyBooster and EasySPS, however has there been any experimental data showing that EasyBooster and EasySPS are at least non-inferior to live-isochrysis or artemia?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back