Elegance Coral

Isaac_Tang

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2021
Messages
31
Reaction score
6
Location
Orlando
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird white “parasite” shown, I’ve noticed past two days my Elegance wasn’t fully open like normal and today when I get back from work I see this white thing with legs any ideas what do I do? Here’s a picture
06DBFFB0-64E3-4956-8844-17F2F0E6DAF4.jpeg
 
Weird white “parasite” shown, I’ve noticed past two days my Elegance wasn’t fully open like normal and today when I get back from work I see this white thing with legs any ideas what do I do? Here’s a picture
06DBFFB0-64E3-4956-8844-17F2F0E6DAF4.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • 027B5C67-B6E7-4CFE-8000-5A47136F45AE.jpeg
    027B5C67-B6E7-4CFE-8000-5A47136F45AE.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 73
  • 96D5E0F7-C005-44F8-A543-A8D5ECE88E17.jpeg
    96D5E0F7-C005-44F8-A543-A8D5ECE88E17.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 66
It’s a little species of crab that likes to burrow into the skeleton of fleshy LPS corals. I don’t think they directly hurt the coral, but they do burrow into the skeleton and cause irritation and bacterial infections, so you do want to remove them. I can’t remember the name of them, but I’ve seen them before and I also remember Fragbox showing them in one of their recent videos.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new