External Overflow Box Noise

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hungriee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Hungriee

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2008
Messages
284
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this external overflow box built with 3 drains for the bean animal system. Supposedly its silent, so far i've not been so lucky. After a few tweaks i got the drains to be quiet, however the overflow teeth causes this water noise in the overflow box when falling into the box as the water level in the box is about 1.5" lower than the teeth. I'd like to raise the water level but I'm having difficulties maintaining it high enough to quiet down the ripple because once it rises to the height near the overflow teeth - the siphons surge fast and drains the water.

Any idea to quiet this thing down - its taking me forever to get it right haha.:tongue:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.4%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new