Feeding every other day

David Nguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 clowns, goby and 2 cardinals. My tank is about 2 months old. Can I feed them every other day? I've been feeding them once a day.

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can feed every other day but I'd consider increasing the amount with a small breather in between feedings. Keep an eye on aggression to see if the food restriction causes issues.

EriksOasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said I feed three times a day sometimes more like I eat myself and have to waste issues. Good filtration and flow will keep your tank clean.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As said above, reef fishes are designed to eat multiple small meals a day, rather than just one meal a day or every other day.

Can you perhaps cut down on how much you give them per feeding?

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 clowns, goby and 2 cardinals. My tank is about 2 months old. Can I feed them every other day? I've been feeding them once a day.
Your current fish species required feeding more than 1 time a day, there are not predator species that can each a large meal then can go for days/weeks without a meal.
Feeding them every other day will be fine for short term but in long run will lead to problems and issues.

Susan Bates

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed once a day, I would feel guilty if i missed a day, and they let me know when it is feed time

EriksOasis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah feeding three times a day doesn’t seem enough every time I go to the tank they act like they are starving lol 2 clownfish 2 lyretail anthias and multi color wrasse

TvanB1

Mostly Fish; Few breeding projects underway
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my fish (mostly wrasses) up to five times a day. The autofeeder dispenses small amounts of pellet and freeze dried food throughout the day. I also feed them LRS, Nutramar ova, masstick, fresh clam, and pe mysis twice a day.
I use the autofeeder mostly as a small supplement and have seen an improvement in my fishes health since ive started using it.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You shouldn't have a nutrient problem feeding even 4-5x a day unless you have no skimming and zero biofilter built up in your tank.

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People who feed every other day or couple times a week must not keep wrasses or anthias. I can't imagine those fish survive long term with that little feeding.

BlueMoods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed three times per day, four times twice a week when I offer live or frozen supplements. Fat fish and fat corals are good. Just don't over feed. If it's gone in 3 minutes or less, you're good.

Biophage

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely feed at least twice a day. 3 smaller meals a day is best imo. I also feed my sis 3 times a week and rods original twice a week. Other than that I uses formula 1 and 2 by ocean nutrition.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back