Fiji Cube Leaking Bulkhead (Damage?)

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hoping for a quick reply.. There is a small divot on my Fiji Cube bulkhead which I think is the source of my salt creep I have been seeing.

IMG_3289.JPG

The thing that bothers me is the bulkhead doesnt seem to be a standard slip-slip as it has an edge for the shadow overflow portion to push against. Can I use a standard 1" bulkhead from BRS or do I need to contact Fiji Cube for replacement? I didn't notice this on install so not sure when it happened but its a minor leak. Anything I can do for tonight to help it seal better or just wrap with towels?
IMG_3290.JPG
I have the same bulkhead for my fiji 36 sump. I didn't use them but they are just like any other bulkhead. That notch stops the pvc pipe to move beyond a certain point during gluing. You can use any bulkhead instead of it.

Daid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do want to confirm. I placed my gasket on the inside glass and the inside of the overflow box and was getting leaking. After reading this, I switched it to inside of glass and outside of glass between the overflow box. I now have zero leaking.

Thanks for the comments.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 80.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.1%
Back