1 black ray goby
1 tiger pistol shrimp
2 turbo snails
2 trochus snails
1 cerith snail
1 skunk shrimp
1 peppermint shrimp
3 blue leg hermit crabs

Additionally, a bunch of soft corals, and a HOB fuge full of chaeto. The water stays around 5ppm nitrate, 0 phosphate, and the corals are almost all growing and thriving.

I had a firefish, but it jumped a few days ago(through a tiny crack in a glass lid of course). I'm wondering if I should replace it, and what I could replace it with. I'm not looking at getting a clownfish, lol. But maybe a cardinalfish, another firefish, a chalk bass, or anything that will occupy the water column a bit more than the shrimp goby does. There's so much disagreement in what I've read about what will live in a 10 gallon tank, so I'd prefer information backed by experience! Thanks!

Wolf89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bangaii cardinal will occupy the water column, but kinda just floats there.

Wolf89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a chalk bass? Too large?
I dont know much about them. I would get a small fang blenny. (Striped, smith, etc) some of my favorite fish, they have so much personality

OP
OP
Sinibotia

Sinibotia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I considered a possum wrasse too, but seems that I would need to really prepare for that. What about a blue or yellow assessor? Or a springeri damsel? Most of the traditional nano fish seem to be bottom dwellers; I dont want something that'll end up warring with my shrimp/goby pair.

grady15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I considered a possum wrasse too, but seems that I would need to really prepare for that. What about a blue or yellow assessor? Or a springeri damsel? Most of the traditional nano fish seem to be bottom dwellers; I dont want something that'll end up warring with my shrimp/goby pair.

I would look at the Harptail Blenny (Meiacanthus mossambicus) they are very personable fish and are very easy and they are utilitarian fish that can get rid of pests in your rock work.

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would look at the Harptail Blenny (Meiacanthus mossambicus) they are very personable fish and are very easy and they are utilitarian fish that can get rid of pests in your rock work.
Interesting what pest did you find a Harptail eats?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 68 45.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 70 46.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.6%
Back