Finally, found a canopy for my AP700 :)

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks amazing. Great job [emoji106]
I was surprised how good it looked too. I’d never chop up my ap700’s though. They look great on their own. It’s the whole reason I bought them over doing a diy led setup.

OP
OP
sil40sx

sil40sx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was surprised how good it looked too. I’d never chop up my ap700’s though. They look great on their own. It’s the whole reason I bought them over doing a diy led setup.

I agree 100%. Same reason I switched from Radion G4. AP700 have a sleek design and low profile, looks sexy hanging on top of the tank. But I'm not getting results I expected, so I have to add some supplements.

AP700 part, all done and tested. Just have to re-wire the T5 part.

No, it's not burning. That's me vaping. LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
sil40sx

sil40sx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally it's done! Just need some minor stuff to do, like wire management, buffing the splash cover, switch the side covers (from left to right to move the opening to the other side where its not visible), and leveling it. Speaking of, what would be he best thing to do on the hanging kit? I'm using the one from AP700 right now and there's no way to tilt it from forward/backwards (it's not level). Also, is this kit can handle the whole light fixture ? I have no idea what those toggle bolt from the AP700 hanging kit rated for.

Thanks in advance!

Here's a crappy video, I'm not really good at it sorry. And corals are still half asleep. LOL

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Really cool!

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! I am sure you have thought about this, but I didn't see it mentioned. Be careful with that splash guard and the Kessil LED's. The shroud's of the LED's won't be able to withstand heat, I've seen posts where people turn the AP700 on with the fixture face down and it didn't look good!

OP
OP
sil40sx

sil40sx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! I am sure you have thought about this, but I didn't see it mentioned. Be careful with that splash guard and the Kessil LED's. The shroud's of the LED's won't be able to withstand heat, I've seen posts where people turn the AP700 on with the fixture face down and it didn't look good!

Thanks. Yes, I've seen some pics of burnt shroud of AP700's. And looks scary. Hehe

That's why I put a 1/4 inch thick foam insulation tape around the AP700 faceplate, and hoping it will reduce the heat transfer from the t5's. Also, I made sure the lens base (chrome part) is not touching the metal sheet from the fixture. And I covered the original fan holes of the ATI fixture so the air from the AP700 heatsink on top can be evenly distributed/spread across the fixture down to the t5 and out to the vents. I'm guessing that should help a little with melting the shroud, wish me luck. We'll find out in a day or two.

BTW, can you link me one of those incidents, so I can get an idea on how to prevent on having similar issue? Thanks!

OP
OP
sil40sx

sil40sx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh never mind, I read your post again and I misread "turn the AP700 on with the fixture face down", I thought they attach it to a T5 fixture facing down. My bad.

OP
OP
sil40sx

sil40sx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2741.jpg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back